Temp Intern

"Interesting. So Sona actually managed to get another piece temporarily?"

You barely held yourself together. Especially with the shit you just told the person in front of you, aka, Rias Gremory. This was the second time you were meeting her now. And what she just said. A small lie you had to say according to Sona and Serafall.

What was the lie? You took up the last 3 pawns in Sona's peerage. And it isn't entirely wrong. You were more of a loan according to what the Sitri sisters said. Because that moron Serafall apparently had business to deal with. And it was going to be a WHILE till you will see her again. Her words, not yours. You being a part of Serafall's peerage were supposed to be kept on the down-low. Not even the other satan's or whatever knew about it. And Serafall wanted to keep it that way for some reason. If anyone we're to ask who your master or whatever was. You had to say you were on a loan if anything.

"That's the gist of it. I'm only a temporary loan while my..... boss..... is on business or something." You explain to her.

You cannot be asked to call Serafall your master. It's too awkward and straight-up weird.

Either way. The question was why you were even talking to Rias? Bottom of the line. You didn't want any part of the student council. The extra work wasn't something you wanted at all. So as a means to fix the issue according to Sona. You were going to be working under Rias for some time until Serafall came back or if Sona needed anything important with you. What was classified as important was anyone's guess. For all, you know it could just be taking pictures again. But hey. There are still a good 2 days till the weekend hits and you're sent back to school since everyone still thinks your recovering from the "mugging" from a week and a half ago.

"May I ask why you didn't want to work with Sona?" Rias asks next.

"Because I don't want to be in the student council." You deadpan.

"That's it?" Rias only asks with confusion.

"Yeah. That's it. I just don't want to deal with extra work and actually go home when school's done" You confirm. "Also there's the fact that Ruruko is probably still pissed off at me from yesterday."

"What did you do to her?" Rias asks with some worry.

"Headbutted her and then kicked her ass." You somewhat smugly say.

Rias was a tad bit dumbfounded. Just the baseless and lazy way out of the reasoning for not working with Sona. And yeah, the part where you just blatantly admitted to kicking someone's ass. In actuality. You blacked out. You technically didn't do shit against Ruruko. You are the one who got their ass handed to them. You didn't know what happened after Ruruko laid the smackdown on you, but apparently, you did kick her ass. Serafall suspects it has something to with your sacred gear, and she's probably right. All this devil shit really has made your life so much more complicated.

"I see...." Rias says with some suspicion as she stands up from her large desk and chair. "Everyone else should be cleaned up now."

Cleaned up? The hell did they even do before you showed up. 

"Uh....right?" You somewhat ask.

Rias leads you into their club's main lounging area. And yep, everyone was just waiting in there. Kiba, Koneko, Issei, and Akeno seemed to literally get out of a shower. Just. Why the hell do they even have a shower in here? This club seems basic as shit in terms of actual activities. Then again. They got this giant ass place as their own clubroom/house. 

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Issei asks you immediately as you walk in with Rias.

"Jesus Christ I'm getting sick of answering this already...." You say under your breath. "I'm on a loan. Or internship. Whatever. Bottom of the line, I'm here to learn about this devil shit until my boss comes back. And before I'm asked this seven hundred times, I'm worth the last 3 pawns in Sona's group."