Tunnel Rats

"Fuck me, that hurts!"

When coming back from the realm of being fucking unconscious, there was a soaring amount of pressure on your chest. Your armor was still on thankfully and seemed to have absorbed most of whatever damage you could have taken. You could faintly see some amount of light ever so slightly peer through the rubble. The last thing you could remember was seeing the black and white maid uniform of Burent flying straight at you and being thrown into that stupid tear.

Flexing your fingers ever so slightly to let the blood start flowing, you try to move your arms to no avail. How buried were you? It couldn't have been that much ruble, because you would be dead. Or maybe not? You are wearing some stupid magic armor and you are part devil. So maybe not? Yet there wasn't any kind of actual painful pressure or anything.

"About time you woke up." Argentia's voice cuts in clear as day. "Had a nice dream?"

"What do you think jackass?" You give the snarky reply.

"Just wanted to lighten the mood." Argentia replies.

"You say that all the time." You say, rolling your eyes under the helmet. "If you got nothing to say, then shut the fuck up."

With that comment, you didn't hear a word back. Good riddance. Just hearing her voice always coming in out of the blue was disorienting and obnoxious. Rarely ever has to say anything to help other than to just flaunt her legacy. Fuck her legacy. And fuck this bullshit.

That surge of annoyance and usual anger was enough to motivate you to push off some of the rubble. The gauntlets unfold and you use their thrusters to help push the weight off and roll it to the side and at least lean up a bit to take on whatever you could currently see.

And to meet your expectations, it was just darkness and rocks. What a view. Now you got to work on trying to free your left leg. With as much effort you can put into this, you roll the boulder off your left leg. Luckily your leg was broken. Or turned into red paste thanks to the armor. Another quick look around and you find yourself in some kind of cavern. And when you look up to see where you fell into, you couldn't even find a trace of it. The ceiling didn't even look like it was even cracked through despite literally falling through. With a small pained groan, you manage to lick yourself up, stumbling forward a tiny bit from the numbness kicking in but at least you caught yourself from eating the ground.

The only sight to see we're just more dumb rocks in this dim light. Even with the semi-night vision from being a devil, you can't see shit past thirty feet. And that's when it clicked. You weren't the only one who fell down into that pit.

"HEY!" You shout.

Your voice echoes in the cavern. On second thought, maybe not shouting into the unknown depths of where ever the fuck you are in the underworld was a good idea. The last thing you need is some hideous abomination to just mail you to death.

Thinking back, there were at least four of you that were sucked into that weird crack thing. Burent, Xuelan, and Ravel. They were certainly more capable of surviving for a bit... you think. You fucking hope so. Because you didn't really know a way to even make some kind of light. Not like there's wood to make a torch or you're carrying a lighter either way.

The other couldn't be far. If there is a devil with magic for fucks sake, they should be fine. One of them is a rook too. Wouldn't really surprise you if they left you behind to save themselves. But who the fuck knows. The circumstances that led to this were already stupid as shit. Wouldn't even be surprised if the others were in some other reality or some crazy shit like that.

Spending several minutes walking around the dark cavern, there just doesn't seem to be an end or any kind of light. It was just eerie too with the lack of sound other than your own metal footsteps or parts of your armor scraping against each other. Rather keep the suit on than off just in case. Safety first. It really made you anxious about how quiet and unnatural this was.