Fallen Queen

"Slow down. What happened?!"

Keqing was trying to stay as quiet as possible. It was the middle of the night and even in a spacious fucking mansion, she rather not have the two devils who lived with her not hear what was being said. She had her phone to her ear as she listened to what the master of her other companions had to say.

"That's what we're trying to figure out. But from what we were told, Y/N and a few others were pulled into some kind of dimensional rift. At least we think that's what it was." Serafall says through the phone, clearly a bit uncertain of the situation. "I've... I won't lie, I've been silent on it for the last few days because I wanted to see if I can fix it myself. But now. This has been proving to be a lot more..."

"Frustrating?" Keqing guesses.

"I was gonna say completely filled with rage to where I was going to freeze over this entire territory but yeah. Frustrating." Serafall admits, sighing through the phone. "I just... I want to be actually helpful."

"Staying silent on the matter doesn't help." Keqing couldn't help but make the jab. "Regardless, at least you told me."

"Thanks. Progress-wise, we haven't made much leeway. I may be the Leviathan but even I have my own strengths and weaknesses. Magic to cut into different dimensions that's stable for a person is one thing versus a pocket dimension to store things." Serafall says with a very weak chuckle. "Even the Phenex's are having trouble trying to figure it out. We're not sure if we need to feed the spot that had the rift more magic or if there is just something else to it."

"Magic isn't exactly my expertise so I don't have any suggestions." Keqing says the obvious detail. "Just... make sure they get out. I'm guessing you want me to keep quiet about it from the others."

"Yeah... Sorry." Serafall apologizes.

"You said it yourself. It would be a political nightmare if Mittelt and Irina show up. Combine that with the Phenex family's only female heir going missing along with your already semi-controversial pawn, that's only gonna explode and that drama could spread here." Keqing reminds. "You better get him out of there before the week's up. Because they still think he's just tiring himself out from training and learning. And they're not exactly stupid. Even now they're not gonna buy the same few excuses."

"Right... I'll do what I can." Serafall says with some confidence.

With that conversation over, the two hands up on their own ends. Keqing looks out the window of her room at the night horizon. She should have expected this. Trouble always seems to find you wherever you came from. She didn't like having to stay quiet. But she understands the gravity of the situation if word got out. It bugged her that she was now involved because she picked up the damn phone.

"You son of a bitch Serafall..." Keqing mutters to herself.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

In the underworld, Serafall again feels that guilt growing out in her stomach. She knew what she had just done. Telling Keqing about this had her now indirectly involved in the matter. It meant she had to stay quiet no matter what, she couldn't tell a soul unless she ended up having Mittelt and Irina become targets of possible harassment, or just become actual targets for other factions. It wasn't a card she wanted to play, but she had to ensure that Keqing doesn't do anything hasty. Even if she stayed silent on the matter, she couldn't keep using the same excuses, she would have caught on, she's perceptive like that. She was, after all, a devil and politician too. Playing fair wasn't on the table right now.

Was it pride that made her do this? Did she so desperately want to prove that she was reliable? Someone you could actually look up to. Why did it bug her so much? Why go to such lengths to prove so? Was it pity? You're shitty family dynamic making you such an asshole. Did she want to fix that?