Chapter One: Arrival

Braedey Martin thought he would be ready for just about anything. He had faced against petty criminals, Decepticons, a gladiatorial warmonger, monsters as tall as skyscrapers and even an ancient lord of the undead and bringer of chaos. But nothing could have prepared him for the day when he failed.

The day he had lost his whole family.

It all happened just about a week ago. Braedey had gotten an alert and he jumped at the opportunity to go, and skip out on a boring family meeting. But it turned out that the meeting was the last.

Now, the bearer of the Transformatrix was staring down at the graves of those he loved. And those he lost. 'Mom. Dad. Grandpa. Jessie. Rex... Jane'. He now stared down at their graves trying to picture their faces. But all he saw was their lifeless broken bodies.

"I'm sorry." The teen hero choked out. "I'm sorry I failed you. I thought I could be there for..." He tried to say more but the memories were too painful. With a heavy heart, the 18-year-old walked away from the graves, a tribute to his greatest failure.

Braedey made his way to his car: a blue and black Ford Mustang that he and Rex had built, complete with state of the art alien tech

Braedey made his way to his car: a blue and black Ford Mustang that he and Rex had built, complete with state of the art alien tech. Now it was just a reminder that he, like the others, was gone. He opened the trunk of the car. Inside the trunk were souvenirs that Braedey had collected over his hero career. A box in the corner contained the souvenirs that he collected on that fateful summer all those years ago. Now, however, they were just painful reminders. He took off his jacket: a blue long-sleeve leather jacket with a metal face embezzled on the left side. Braedey frowned and he threw it into the trunk. That jacket, along with everything else in the car, belonged to a hero. And he was no longer a hero.

The former hero now looked to the device on his left wrist. The Transformatrix, the bane of his existence. It was because of this device that all this had happened. Braedey wished he could just take it off and throw it away just like the rest of the junk of his former life. Sadly, with the Transformatrix tightly bonded with his DNA, there was no way to remove it. So he'd just have to settle with destroying the rest of this junk.

The teen then got in his car and drove out of his home. Drove away from the pain, away from the heartbreak, away from Coolsville. Braedey continued to drive until he reached a clearing by a cliff. It was a clear 100-foot drop down to the bottom. Braedey actually considered jumping in order to end the pain, but he knew his family would never forgive him for that. So he would live on, just not as a hero. He turned and faced his car, the last piece of his hero life contained inside it. Braedey raised the Transformatrix, hesitated for a moment, then activated it. The familiar sound of its activation beeped to life as a blue hologram of a metal humanoid appeared. Braedey turned the dial, each turn a different form on the display, until he found the one he wanted.

"He's the one who started it all..." Braedey muttered to himself. "So he'll be the one who ends it." He finished bitterly. He then slapped the dial down.