Chapter Thirteen: Terrible Secrets & Revelations

"Hey guys, have you seen my keys?" Braedey called out as he rummaged through his room in the mansion. The teen hero was starting to get anxious; he'd completely lost track of time and now he was running late.

"Which keys are you looking for?" Jan called out from the downstairs.

"My car keys!" Braedey shouted back as he checked under his bed. He didn't find the keys, but he did manage to locate his missing hoverboard. He picked up the compacted device and placed it back on his shelf, along with his other souvenirs. He stood back and admired the collection for a brief moment. But then, he realised what he was supposed to be doing and continued the search.

"I think I saw you keys in the living room if that helps." Steve announced from his section of the mansion.

"Thank you!" Braedey replied as he sprinted out of his room and quickly descended down the stairs, skipping several steps at a time. He then rounded the corner of the living room and saw his keys sitting on the coffee table in front of the couch. Braedey grinned as he snatched up the keys. "Found them!" He announced, not really caring who was listening as he headed towards the mansion's garage where his car was.

Braedey was on route when Wasp flew up to him and returned to her normal size once she reached him. "That's a relief. We wouldn't want you running late for your date with Carol." Jan giggles as a blush formed on Braedey's face.

"It's not a date." Beaedey denied. "I'm just helping her control her new powers. That's all."

After their encounter with the Kree Sentry and Captain Marvel, somehow Carol's exposure to Mar-Vell's energy field caused Carol to obtain superpowers. Needless to say, Braedey was shocked, as were the others at this turn of events. After using the Transformatrix to take a scan her (after asking for permission to do so), it reported that Carol's DNA had somehow been mixed with Kree DNA, effectively making her a Human/Kree hybrid. Ever since that day, Braedey had offered to help train Carol to control her new powers ever since she accidently destroyed her car when she was leaving the hospital.

Jan smiles as she tussled Braedey's hair. "I just think it's cute that you jumped at the chance to help her."

"It's not like that. We are just friends. That's it." Braedey stated.

"Denial is the first step." Wasp teased.

"Who's denying what now?" Tony asked as he walked out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in one hand and a holographic tablet in the other.

"Braedey and Carol's date." Janet casually replied.

"Wow another date? You must really like this girl, Braedey?" Tony complimented.

Braedey groaned as he rolled his eyes. "It is not a date. And I don't see her that often."

"Really?" Tony commented skeptically. "Hey, JARVIS. How often does Braedey see Carol?"

"Shut up!" Braedey spoke up to try and cut it off.

"Master Martin has encountered Agent Danvers approximately 35 time in the last month, Sir." The AI responded.

"Thanks JARVIS." Braedey said sarcastically.

"You're welcome, Master Martin." The AI responded.

Braedey groaned as Tony and Jan smirked at the young heroes discomfort. "Can I just go now?"

"Of course you can." Jan responded cheerfully as she gave the wielder of the Transformatrix a quick hug. "Just be sure to be a gentleman when you pick her up."

"And don't be cheap." Tony added. "Women like a guy who can by them nice things."

Braedey rolled his blue eyes once more as he walked past them and rounded the corner. The teen hero was walking through though the garage towards his car when he noticed that he wasn't alone. Sitting on the hood of his car with his usual stern expression was Hawkeye. The Purple Archer had his arms crossed as he casually leaned back, like he was waiting around for something to happen.