Chapter Nineteen: The Kang Dynasty

Previously...

So far, all he could see was darkness. But suddenly, the sun peaked out from behind the earth and light illuminated the Titanic starship that floated menacingly in the void above his home. Tony's eyes narrowed as he activated his communicator.

"This is Iron Man to the Avengers. I've got him."

~*~*~

War is not a pretty thing. In most movies and TV shows, they tend to make it out to look like fights for glory in which the heroes always come out on top. But the reality is that war is a horrible sight to behold and now the whole world is seeing the truth for themselves.

Kang the Conqueror, time traveling Warlord from the future, had come back in time, bringing with him an army of nigh unstoppable war machines, intending to conquer the world and eliminate Braedey Martin in order to save the world from an impending disaster in the near future. Unfortunately for him, the Avengers did not like those options and so began the war. And despite the overwhelming odds, the Heroes did have one advantage.

They have found Kang's command ship. Now it was time to take the fight to him.

~*~*~

Currently, the Avengers had retreated back to the mansion in order to prepare for their confrontation with the Time traveling Warlord. The Team were on their way to the Quinjet hanger, riding in the dimly lit elevator, when they received a call on their communications.

"Fury to Iron Man." The Director of SHIELD spoke. "We're out of time. Kang's forces have taken over 3/4 of the planet, and for every city we're holding, four more fall."

"Are you calling just to give me a pep talk?" Iron Man quipped back, trying to keep up the visage to hide how nervous he really was.

Fury, however, was in no joking mood. "No, I'm calling to tell you that the base you found is on the move. My people are reading a massive energy build up. That thing is gonna fire. And I'm guessing that when it does, it's not gonna be pretty."

That news was enough to make everyone present nervous. The stakes were already high enough without adding a super weapon into the mix. Regardless, the Superheroes were able to keep their cool as Iron Man responded.

"Understood, Fury. We're on it." Tony replied.

At that moment, the elevator stopped and the door opened, letting the light of the hanger flood in illuminating the newly outfitted Avengers.

When Iron Man reported that Kang's command ship was in space, the Avengers made the necessary preparations for a trip like that. Iron Man was wearing his Space Armour, a maroon-colour armor with silver on the upper arms, legs and faceplate. Standing behind him, each Avenger was wearing a similar colour suit, only each one was specifically tailored to their original costume designs. Except for Hulk, since he did not need a suit to survive the vacuum of space, he simple wore a high-tech oxygen mask, which connected to an oxygen tank on his back. Braedey also has a suit like the others, with an opening on the left wrist to allow him to access his Transformatrix and with the Transformatrix insignia on his suit's chest.

The Avengers marched together with clear determination on each of their faces as they made their way towards the Quinjet. As the marched, they passed by a squadron of six Ultron robots, who lined up evenly on either side of the platform like soldiers standing at attention for their superiors. The Team quickly entered the Quinjet and took their seats. Iron Man sat in the pilot seat with Captain America sitting in the co-pilot. The Iron Avenger typed in the command code and the Jet lowered into the water and blasted out of the launch bay and out of the water into the sky towards the upper atmosphere. Behind it, the Ultron squadron flew alongside in a V formation, like a fighter escort.