Chapter Nine: It's a Gamma World Part 2

Previously...

From within the heart of the city, a green light suddenly illuminated from atop of the Stratosphere Tower as a beam of green energy shoot into the sky, creating a new Gamma Dome.

Leader smiled as the Dome instantly swept over the area. And this time, no one can stop it.

~*~*~

In the sprawling city of Las Vegas, people spent their days and nights visiting the various entertainment resorts and casinos in the common goal to have a good time. However, unlike most days, the Entertainment Capital of the World was about to become Ground Zero for a genius villain's master plan.

The usual cheerful atmosphere of the people was distracted when the top of the Stratosphere Tower suddenly started to glow green. The civilians stood in collective awe as a green beam of light shot into the sky, then expanded outwards into a dome at such speeds that those who were closest didn't even know what was happening until it was too late. Once the energy wave passed over the people, they instantly started writhing in pain as the Gamma energy infected their bodies. The streets filled with screams as people throughout the city mutated. Their bodies rapidly changed, sprouting feathers, fur, scales, and some even got a mixture of them. But the results were the same; every living being that was within the Gamma Dome was turned into mindless monsters.

But the terror did not stop there. In a matter of seconds, the entire city was blanketed in the toxic energy, and it was now spreading beyond like a wave of sickness.

~*~*~

Several miles away, at the now liberated Cube, The Avengers and SHIELD were in the process of loading up all the Gamma Villains that had been incapacitated after the destruction of the Gamma Generator

Several miles away, at the now liberated Cube, The Avengers and SHIELD were in the process of loading up all the Gamma Villains that had been incapacitated after the destruction of the Gamma Generator. However, for those who were actually inside the Dome, they had to be subjected to hours upon hours of treatments and examinations by SHIELD medical staff. Something that a certain teenage superhero was getting pretty sick of.

"This is so boring." Braedey groaned as an agent waved another scanner over his right arm before moving to the chest. "How long is it gonna take you guys to realise that I'm fine? I'm not contaminated."

On the bench next to him undergoing the same treatment, Agent Carol Danvers shook her head at the young Avenger's belly aching. "It just standard procedure, Robot X." She said as she held up her other arm for the scanner. "After doing this another three or five times, you get used to them."

Braedey looked at Carol like she was insane. "Three or five... Is walking into a radiation dome a regular thing for you guys? And also, you really shouldn't call me Robot X." He advised.

"They're just making sure they don't miss anything. And why?" Carol asked.

"Because that name is technically taken." Braedey replied. 'By the most powerful transformation you've never seen.' He added in his head.