Chapter Twenty: Mania

The Avengers Mansion stood strong and proud under the morning sun. People who walked past would stair through the perimeter fence, hoping to catch a glimpse of at least one Avenger moving around the Mansion. Sadly, on a day like today, they would miss their chance as the Mansion was unusually quiet today.

Within the walls of the grand building, inside the kitchen, with his head lying upon the table, is the tired form of Braedey Martin

Within the walls of the grand building, inside the kitchen, with his head lying upon the table, is the tired form of Braedey Martin. Braedey let out a long yawn as he stretched his sore muscles from his position in his chair. With everyone but Wasp out of the Avengers Mansion today, he's not really in the right mood to do some patrolling today. After awakening from another nightmare, Braedey spent another session in the training room. However, today's training session was a little rougher than usual. As such, Braedey pushed himself too far, resulting in him overexerting himself. As a result, the teen hero was now exhausted and sore from the exercise. He could bairly lift his head up to smell the delicious breakfast Wasp was currently cooking for him.

"If you keep frowning like that, your face will melt and spill on the table." Janet joked as she placed a plate of fried eggs and a mug of hot chocolate in front of Braedey. "Looks like someone overdid it in the training room today."

As Jan dusts her hands, Braedey groaned. "Why couldn't Hulk or Thor stay? What does Hulk even do when he's not smashing?"

"Dunno. Maybe he's out fishing with Cap. Besides, Thor's in Asgard, Tony's having a meeting, Hawkeye's still searching for Black Widow, T'Challa's in Wakanda to visit his tribe and Hank's, well... doing science stuff again in his lab." Jan replied to Braedey while she prepared her coffee.

"That's all they're doing?! Come on! I need my sleep. Why can't they do the patrolling?" Braedey complained more as he finally gets his face off the table and grabs a fork to finally eat.

As Braedey poked the egg on his plate, Jan rolled her eyes and takes her coffee mug to the dining table and sits down. "For someone who claims to be a saviour of his universe, you sure complain a lot about hard work." Jan pointed out, smirking before sipping her coffee.

"Hey, you do a training session on Level 9 and see if you can go on patrol afterwards." Braedey replied while chewing on a piece of the fried egg.

"You're an inspiration to us all." Jan replied sarcastically with yet another smirk on her face. "And for your information, I get quite a workout on Level 3. Works up a good sweet and keeps me on my toes. I'm not one for those bodybuilder bodies."

Braedey just rolled his eyes as he chewed his food.

~*~*~

Meanwhile in Midtown High School, a simple girl around about 16 years old named Andrea Benton walked through the halls. She had short purple hair, which she dyed herself, and equally purple eyes, due to contact lenses she wore. For clothing, she wore a simple sleeveless purple shirt with black stripes, black skirt, purple knee-high socks with black shoes. But what stood out most of her appearance was her piercings. She had two lip rings on her lower lip, one piercing in her nose and one final one on her right eyebrow. Andrea held her books closer to her, as she nervously tried to avoid anyone that walks the opposite direction.