Chapter Twenty-Four: A Day With Deadpool

In an unknown location, a figure in a dark room sat in what appeared to be a very large chair. His hand moved in the shadows as his fingers danced across the keys. A flicker of light suddenly burst in front of him, quickly followed by several more as images and videos of different media sources, started to appear on screen and float around the being in the chair. Each screen showed several different clips of one being...

The Robot Shapeshifter of the Avengers.

The being looked at the dozens of clips and images of the Shapeshifter's various forms, each one of them performing heroic deeds. The being typed in a command on his keyboard and the still images of each of the robotic forms that have been shown to the public were displayed. The images then zoomed in on each robot's chest, focusing on the strange circular device, with a blue angular symbol on it. This strange symbol was on each of the creature's chests, regardless of the form the Shapeshifter took. The person in the chair focused closely on the symbol, before pulling up a new media clip of the Robot Avenger as Starscream, tapping the blue symbol and immediately transforming into Piledriver in a flash of blue light. The being hit a key that paused the clip, then rewinds the video and allowed it to play, watching the Shapeshifter transform again.

The unknown person watched the clip play over and over several more times before finally closing that clip down and opening a new one. This clip showed all the Avengers gathering in front of their Quinjet with the Shapeshifter as Energon with them. The Crystalline Alien then reached up and tapped the blue symbol and in a flash of light, turned into a human form wearing a blue jacket and blue jeans. He wore a black baseball cap, while also wearing a metal mask that covered the bottom half of his face so only his blue eyes were visible. But the being in the chair didn't focus on any of those features. Instead, it had the image enlarged to zoom in on the Human form's left wrist and saw a watch-like device, that would've been perfectly covered by his sleeve jacket, had he not raised that arm to transform back. With his sleeve partially pulled back, the being could clearly see the blue angular symbol on the device, identical to the ones on the chests of each of his Alien forms.

"Interesting..." The being in the chair said in a monotone voice, as he inspected the device. Pressing another key, the images all closed and the lights within the room turned on, revealing the being in the chair.

The Mental Organism Designed Only for Conquest, simply known as the acronym MODOC, the Artificial being created to be the Leader of the Tech-based criminal organisation known as AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics).

With a large unsettling grin on his face, MODOC pushed a button on his joystick and the base of his chair suddenly ignited as a giant rocket thruster propelled him into the air allowing him to float in the air

With a large unsettling grin on his face, MODOC pushed a button on his joystick and the base of his chair suddenly ignited as a giant rocket thruster propelled him into the air allowing him to float in the air. MODOC proceeded to open the automatic doors of the room and flew out.

"Drones!" The Leader of AIM called out. "The genius that is MODOC has determined the source of the Extraterrestrial Shapeshifting Being that resides with the Avengers. A wristwatch-like device of unknown origin that is attached to the human's left wrist. We must make acquiring this device our top priority. By unlocking the secrets within the device, the world shall soon belong to MODOC!" He proclaimed. As the Artificial Being ranted, his underlings, or 'Drones' as he called them, gathered around their egotistical leader.