Chapter Twelve: Number 459

Over a vast sea of tall trees flew the Avengers Quinjet. The high-tech aircraft calmly glided over the conifers as it made its way to its destination. Inside its occupants were casually going about their business.

Ant-Man was sitting in the copilot seat, messing around with some formulas to pass the time. Wasp sat next to him in the pilot seat; after weeks of begging and begging, Tony finally gave in and gave Wasp a quick lesson in flying the Jet. After several near crashes and an almost decapitation of the Statue of Liberty, Wasp finally got the hang of flying and actually became pretty good at it. This left Braedey to sit in the passenger section of the aircraft. Not that he was complaining; in fact, the robot shapeshifter used the time to help keep a promise to a friend. Currently, the teen hero had a holographic screen pulled up and was video chatting with said friend.

"Are you sure this is accurate?" Skye asked curiously.

Braedey smirked as he pulled up the digital files. "Skye, you should know me better than that."

Skye smiled for a brief moment. "Yeah, I really should. But seriously..."

"Yeah, I know." Braedey replied, putting on a serious face. "This was everything I was able to get on you from the SHIELD archives. If I dug any deeper, they might have detected me: Cybertronian brain power can only get you so far. Most of it is blocked out, but hopefully, you'll be able to get something from it."

"Thanks, Braedey." Skye said gratefully. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Hey, what are friends for?" Braedey replied, then a cheeky grin formed across his face. "So, the orphanage you were in named you Mary Sue Poots, huh?"

Skye groaned as she rolled her eyes. "Don't even think about telling anyone about that." She threatened. "I swear, if one person calls me that, I will make sure you can never turn on a computer again."

Braedey laughed at her threat; the way her nostrils flared made her just too cute to be taken seriously. However, Braedey still raised his hands in a surrender gesture. "Okay, okay. My lips are sealed."

"Thank you." Skye said in a satisfied tone.

Braedey nodded, then he noticed that they were almost at their destination: a military observatory facility out in the forests. "Okay. I gotta go, Skye. Good luck with those files and also good luck with those Centipede guys." He said, recalling the mysterious group that Skye and her team were following.

"Thanks, Braedey. And good luck at whatever it is you're about to do." Skye replied.

"Thanks. Later." Braedey closed the screen, then got up from his seat and walked toward the front of the Quinjet. The teen hero arrived just in time to listen to Wasp and Ant Man's conversation.

"I'm just saying it doesn't always have to be work, work, work." Wasp said to Hank. "We can take a break. Get away and relax. Have some fun." She suggested as she puts the jet down into a descent onto the landing platform.

"Science is fun." Ant Man simply replied as the jet touched down on the ground.

"I don't think that's the kind of fun she meant, Hank." Braedey suggested with a cheeky grin. This was met by an elbow to the side from Wasp as she gave the young hero a glare, telling him to shut up.

The size-changing heroin then crossed her arms as she and Braedey followed Hank down the ramp of the jet to the platform. Braedey still had no idea why they were here or who called them. Only that Wasp said that it involved space and that he should come. From that point onwards, it was Janet trying to convince Hank to spend time with her and hank, as usual, being completely oblivious to her. Sometimes, you had to wonder whether the man was really that dense or was just simply not interested in her.