Chapter Twenty-Five: Hail HYDRA

In every home, there are quiet and uneventful nights, even in the home of Earths Mightiest Heroes. No global threat, alien invasion, supervillain attacks or even a simple building fire was happening. For one rare moment, the City That Never Sleeps was quiet.

And what does that entail for the Heroes of this fine city? For many of the vigilantes that patrol the streets, this would simply be another night of patrols or an evening to be with friends and family. The Avengers, however, had their own form of entertainment for the evening, which they all quickly blew through within the first hour. Turns out being a hero with no heroic duties to perform can make things pretty dull.

So in an effort to pass the time, the heroes started to tell each other stories of their past adventures. The group consisting of Braedey, Wasp, Ant Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk and even Ultron-5 had gathered in the living room where each member present took turns in telling their stories. Some were actually pretty entertaining, Tony Stark displaying his natural showmanship, with his stories being incredibly engaging and a lot of fun to listen to. Even Hulk was invested, when the Billionaire talked about all the criminal tech he blew up. It was a shame Thor was on patrol with Black Panther for the evening, as Braedey was sure that the Asgardians famous vigor would definitely make his stories more enthralling.

The God of Thunder had actually made some great progress, after his initial depression from his banishment from Asgard. After working through the five stages of grief, thanks in no small part to Jane Foster, the Thunder God managed to pick himself back up and continue serving as an Avenger, while also trying to solve the mystery behind his sudden exile.

Braedey certainly would've preferred to have the God of Thunder present when it was Hank's turn. Clearly, story telling was not included in his PhD, as he focused more on the scientific aspects of his stories, listing all the theories and physics that he calculated in his missions and how very precise he needed to be in order to pull each manoeuvre off. His, so called, storytelling sounded more like those boring Science Journals, Braedey had to write reports on when he was back in High School. The only one that seemed to be invested in Hanks story was Janet, who sat there completely invested in his every word. Course, Ultron-5 was also paying attention to Hank, but since he's a robot, he would be unable to get bored. After almost falling asleep three times, the Transformatrix Hero didn't think anyone could be worse than Hank at story telling...

Then Captain America took the stage.

You'd think that a War Hero would be able to spice up a good retelling of events taking place in the biggest War in Mans History. But someone obviously forgot to tell Cap that, as the guy was just so dull. He droned on and on about every little detail, from the temperature of the area, to proper procedures for maintaining his weapons and standard patrols. If Hank Pym a science paper, Captain America is the equivalent of a History Lecture. Honestly, Braedey had a hard time believing that the guy who could give such rousing speeches that could get him so pumped up, could tell a War Story that made him want to fall into a coma.

After what felt like an eternity, Captain America's lecture finally ended and Hawkeye took up the reigns. Once again the team got exposed to another competent story teller as Hawkeye stuck to the important details. Course, the archer couldn't help but brag about his already impressive marksmanship by describing, what sounded like a very impressive shot. But of course, like every good story, there's always critics. Tony wasted no time in pointing out the improbabilities of the shot that Hawkeye described. This lead to a heated argument between the two, which only escalated when others started adding their own two cents into the mix. Then, one thing lead to another, and before anyone knew it, they were all down in the training room watching Hawkeye standing in front of a very elaborate targeting range.