Chapter Five: The Living American Legend

The featureless and barren plan of the Artic Circle acted as an amplifier for the thundering noise of the Quinjet's engines. The Avengers jet blasted across the icy planes as if on a wild mission. Alongside the jet flew two none vehicular individuals; one was Iron Man, the Armoured Avenger, and the other was Thor, Prince of Thunder. They alone with the other Avengers have been on a wild search for the AWOL member, the Incredible Hulk.

After the incident with the Enchantress two days ago, Nick Fury contacted the Avengers telling them if they didn't find the Hulk, Fury would have no choice but send out General Ross and the Hulkbusters after him. So, the Avengers set out to track down their anger prone teammate. After a tip from an eskimo, the Avengers immediately headed for the Alaska. Now, Braedey and Ant Man sat in the back seats on the Quinjet with Wasp in the pilot seat her hands on the controls and a huge grin on her face.

"This is coolest thing I ever done. I'm driving a jet." Wasp said enthusiastically.

"It's actually on autopilot, Wasp. Sorry." Iron Man corrected, causing the size-changing heroine to pout. Outside, Iron Man looked ahead. "The fishermen reported a crater around about here." He reported.

Sure enough, over the next glacier, the team came across a massive crater with massive patches of ice thrown up everywhere, like something massive crashed here and was now gone.

"What is that, Ant-Man. A meteor hit?" Iron Man asked.

"No." The Scientist Supreme replied. "That's the Hulk throwing a tantrum." He stated as if it were obvious. Even though it wasn't a joke, both Wasp and Ben did snicker at the comment.

Braedey stopped and thought for a moment; even though he gave Hulk his communicator – which he hadn't told any of the others about - he hadn't heard anything from the green giant since he left. Even though he knew that Hulk needed his space but still. Was it really to hard to just say, 'Hi I'm ok, just smashing some icebergs, see ya later.' Maybe Beaedey was thinking too hard about it. After all from what he knew, the Hulk wasn't too big on sentiment.

The Quinjet soon touched down on the icy plateau, and the Avengers piled out. The temperature was so cold, Braedey immediately transformed into Freezerburn to deal with the climate. Wasp and Ant Man were wearing winter coats to help them deal. Iron Man had heaters installed in his armour, while Thor didn't seem bothered by the cold in the slightest.

Currently, the Thunderer was admiring the massive cater before them. "Truly the Hulk's anger is impressive." He praised before turning his armored leader. "Tell me, Iron Man, how do you intend to convince him to come back with us?"

"I have no idea, Thor." Iron Man responded glumly, then faced the crater. "JARVIS, scan for life forms."

"Mortal technology." Thor scoffed. "You would do better to trust your eyes and ears."

"I'm picking something up. It's a life sign, but it's faint. That's so weird, though since I can't see or hear it." Even though his face was covered, Thor new that Iron Man was smirking at him.

Wasp flew past them to investigate, Freezerburn in vehicle mode driving on after her. Wasp flew ahead of the Arctic Autobot and casually looked back with an annoyed look. "Okay, if this is some kind of evil snow monster, I'm going to be..." Wasp wasn't paying attention to where she was going, so she slammed right into a block of ice. Only this wasn't any block of ice. Inside the ice was a large round disc, with a red rim and a white star in the center. Wasp's eyes widened as Freezerburn drove up behind her.

"What the- did someone lose a trashcan lid up here?" Freezerburn quipped, then saw something behind it that made his optics widen in his alt-mode.

Behind the disc was a man completely frozen in ice. He was a large muscular man easily in his thirties. He wore a suit mostly comprised of a blue tunic, white sleeves, and red gloves and boots. On his tunic, a stylised star was visible, along with red and white strips around his mid-torso to his waist, along with a brown utility belt.