Chapter Ten: The Masters of Evil

It was a pretty normal day in New York City. The sun was shining, the street bustled with activity, as people went on with there day to day lives. And with no crimes or any supervillain threats, it was a day for heroes to just be normal people. Something that Braedey was certainly happy about.

Ever since joining the Avengers, Braedey felt like it was time to 'Roll Out', all the time. Even though Braedey loved helping people and fighting bad guys, he was still a teenage boy and needed some R&R like everyone else. And on a day like today, it was no exception.

It had been a couple of days since the events of Gamma World, and since then, the scare of being mutated into Gamma monsters seemed to have made every villain in the world go to ground, laying low until the heat died down. While that would make it difficult for the Avengers to continue their mission to track down the escaped villains, it did give the team some much needed rest and would allow the new members to get settled in. In addition, She-Hulk was given a position as honourable Avenger by Iron Man.

Currently, the teen hero was sitting in a booth at a smoothie bar, sipping on an orange and mango slushie. Across from the teen hero was his good friend Carol Danvers, wearing civilian attire: a black shirt under a brown jacket with her signature red scarf wrapped around her neck. She also has on a simple pair of jeans and black boots. Braedey had to admit; it was a nice change from her usual SHIELD uniform. Ever since his fight in the Gamma Dome, Braedey and Carol had started spending a lot more time with each other. Whenever Braedey got some time to himself, or Carol was off-shift, the two teens would get together and hang out. Nothing romantic like that, just two friends spending time together.

While they were hanging, the two teens would talk about various things. Braedey would tell her about his past missions in his reality and Carol would tell Braedey some of her missions for SHIELD, the ones that weren't classified. Right now, Carol was listening to Braedey's current story intently, while she drank from her own slushie. Her eyes widened when he got to a certain part.

"So you went to an alien bar, in space?" Carol asked, giddily.

Braedey smiled as he recalled the memories. "Yep, it was so cool. It was just like stepping into that cantina scene from 'A New Hope', only around ten times cooler."

"So what happened next?" Carol asked, leaning in to hear better.

"Ok, so after we arrived, Rex met up with on of his old buddies from the days when he was a thief and he let it slip that we where transporting a little baby protoform." Braedey grumbled. "Then that little weasel called some of the guys that he owed money too, and ended up causing the massive fight to get it."

Carol's jaw dropped as she took in the information. "So, not only did you go to space, and go to an alien bar, you got to have a bar fight in space as well? That is so awesome."

Braedey grinned as he leaned back in his booth. "Thank you, thank you. But really, it was Leobreaker who threw the first punch, and beat the stuffing out of everyone that was there." Braedey paused so he could take another sip. "After that,. we were finally able to get to this planetoid and then, when we get to the hideout, we give the protoform to this old Cybertronian that's been around for millennia. At first, we thought that everything was all right, but then he picks up the protoform, and he eats it!"

Carol's jaw dropped. "He just ate the baby?" She screeched.

Braedey chuckled, remembering what happened next. "Yeah. We pretty much had that same reaction. I'm pretty sure Rex fainted. Anyway, I got ticked off. Well, more than usual as Leobreaker. I jumped up to the guy, opened his mouth, jumped down his throat..." Carol's face scrunched up in disgust while Braedey just chuckled as he relived the moment. "I then grabbed the protoform, and punched through the 'Bot's teeth out so that I could get us free."