Chapter Seventeen: The Man Who Stole Tomorrow

In the dark void of space, a small blue planet drifted in the orbit of its' glowing star. Accompanying it, a single moon, silently circling its' larger companion as if watching over the many inhabitants that walk across its' surface.

But the peaceful tranquility of the void was suddenly disturbed. A flash of light, tore through the darkness and from it, came a massive space ship. It was long in appearance, slightly resembling a broadsword. It was primarily a bluish/green colour, with light green spots littered across it. The massive ship silently glided across the cosmic sea as it approached Earth.

Within the ship's bridge, several humanoid beings were busy working at their stations

Within the ship's bridge, several humanoid beings were busy working at their stations. They were primarily purple and wore futuristic armour that covered their bodies. Most of them wore helmet like devices on their heads that seemed unique to each individual. On a platform above the working crew, stood one of the purple beings, who was gazing at the viewing screen as it displayed a series of data.

"Temporal transition is complete." The being reported. "Navigation, probes, and weapons are being calibrated. Cloaks are online. We are undetectable to current technology."

"What is the time?" A new voice asked. The source of the voice was a man, who had his back to the officer that was reporting to him. He suit was different from the others. His gloves, boots, belt and helmet were purple. But he wore a green cloth-like shirt over his armour, with three green circles on his chest. His helmet covered most of his head, but left his face visible, which was primarily blue in colour, with markings around his eyes and mouth.

The officer looked back at the view screen and saw the stars being analyzed and marked, by the computer. "Star charts are processing. The chrono date is 0028241.423. Very early 21st century." He reported.

"Has the target been located?" The Blue faced man asked.

"Yes, Lord Kang. In this era, the location is known as New York City."

Kang did not turn to look at the officer, his attentions was focused on something else. In front of the blue being, encased in a transparent force field, was a woman. She had dark skin, long flowing black hair and flawless features; she wore a silver and blue dress and headgear. Her eyes were closed, as she appeared to be sleeping within the energy field.

Kang reached out and put his hand through the field trying to touch her, but he stopped just short of her face and retracted his hand. He gazed at his hand for a moment before clenching his fist in rage. Kang then turned to the viewing screen, his eyes narrowed. 'If what he has told me is true. Then I will find him here.' He thought to himself.

"So it begins."

~*~*~