Chapter Eleven: Stuck in The Spider's Web

In any city, in any country, people will always warn you about the dangers of going out at night. And in a city like New York, that was no exception, especially on a night like tonight.

On the quite backstreets, a trio of SHIELD vehicle drove down the empty streets. Two SUV's made up the front and back with a black van wedged in between them. The convoy was on high alert for any signs of trouble, due to the nature of their cargo, tensions were already pretty high. The cargo they where carrying was to be taken to a SHIELD research facility for study, and each member of the transports team wanted to get there as quick as possible.

As the convoy turned down another street, the driver of the van noticed movement in the sky from his rear view mirror. The agent looked but whatever it was there flew behind one of the rooftops out of sight. The driver simply dismissed it as a bird and continued on his course.

The convoy soon reached a set of traffic lights. Usually as government agents in an urgent rush, they can't simply ignore the lights and continue. However, since the goal of the mission is to be covert, they had to obey the traffic laws until and emergency came up. The vehicles waited for several moments before the lights finally turned green. The SUV at the front of the pack moved forward and the driver of the van pressed down on the accelerator, but much to his confusion, the van didn't move. The agent pushed down on the accelerator pedal harder, causing the engine to rev louder and the entire vehicle to stutter. But like before, the van refused to move forward. The sudden yells from the agents in the SUV behind the van made the driver look into his rear view mirror. To his surprise, he saw some kind of substance being launched at the SUV, originating from the back tyres of the van. The driver immediately took his foot off the pedal, halting the flow. The agents in the SUV exited their vehicle and the driver of the van opened his door to see what was causing the problem. His eyes widened in shock at what he saw. Sand, giant piles of sand completely surrounded the SHIELD van and it was now bogged. The agents wracked their brains to figure out how they missed seeing such a large pile of sand in the middle of the street, when the sound of heavy footsteps sounded at the end of the road.

The agents in the lead SUV, which had stopped after realising that its fellow agents were left behind, turned around in their seats to see what was holding up their comrades. Suddenly the agents felt the car vibrate in tune with the footsteps that were approaching them. The agents in the lead and rear SUV's exited their vehicles, where the lead SUV agents saw the shrouded silhouette of a large hulking being that was stomping right towards them.

The agents all pulled out their side arms and aimed at the figure. "Hold it right there." The Lead agent called out to the unknown being. Instead of stoping as ordered, the large being started moving faster. "I said freeze or will shot!" The Agent shouted.

The being then went into a full sprint, the ground shaking from every step it took. The Agents fired at the unknown hostile, but the blue energy bolts didn't even phase it. The agents then dived out of the way as the large hostile lowered its head and proceeded to ram the SUV like a charging bull, promptly lifting the vehicle clean of the ground, sending it soring through the air and landing several feet behind the rear SHIELD vehicle.

The SHIELD agent's eyes widened as they got a clear view of the unknown assailant. He was a large man with a hunched over physic. He appeared to be wearing some kind of grey suit that covered his entire body, with the exception of his face. But the most unusual feature about him, was the large horn the sprouted from his forehead. Another energy bolt, hit the being directly on the horn, inches from his face. The large man turned to see the nervous face of a SHIELD agent, his gun shaking in his hands.

"Hehe. Tickles." The horned man chuckled, turning towards the agent. "Now Rhino's gonna show you real pain." The being now identified as Rhino said as he charged at the SHIELD agent, easily knocking him away like he was an insect.