Chapter Fifteen: Aliens Meeting Mutants

New York City is a beautiful place, especially when you view it from the air at night. However for the Avengers there was no time for sight seeing, especially with a supervillain on the loose.

Earlier in the evening, the Avengers got a tip that the villain Whirlwind had resurfaced and was now on the loose somewhere in the city. To maximize their search efforts, the Avengers split up into smaller groups to increase their chances of catching the spinning crook. One team consisted of Thor and Braedey, who's current form was a blue and yellow F-35 Lightning II fighter jet, the alt-mode of Dreadwing  Currently, the God of Thunder and bearer of the Transformatrix were both flying over the Manhattan skyline, searching for any sign that would lead them to their target. As they flew, Thor seemed slightly annoyed.

"I do not see why we must devote the entire might of our forces to track down this villain. When, from her tales of the encounter, Wasp can defeat this Whirlwind quite easily." Thor stated aloud.

Dreadwing wavered a little on his flightpath, and looked at his teammate. "Well, think of it like when we took down Mandrill." The Cybertronian explained. "Remember how quickly he surrendered when we all showed up to kick his behind?"

Thor grinned as he recalled the memory. "Indeed. He surrendered quite easily. A sad disappointment for a villain."

Dreadwing shrugged, metaphorically speaking. "Hey, not every bad guy has to be some big world conqueror. Maybe the next guy we fight."

"I'll hold you to your word, Son of Martin." Thor responded.

The Transformer hero internally smirked as he turned his eyes back to the New York skyline. "Looks like we'll need to split up up ahead here." He informed as he looked at where they were heading. "You head on inland, and I'll check around the docks. And call in before you take him down. I want to be there when this guy tries to actually compete with you for who-makes-the-bigger-tornado contest, Jetfire included."

Thor nodded with a smirk as he broke off from their formation. Dreadwing then took off towards the docks, flying low over the rooftops. As he flew, Dreadwing used his radar to monitor the ground while he watched where he was going, a handy trick to have when you have multiple senses.

Suddenly, the blaring of sirens sounded off not too far from where Dreadwing was heading. Whether or not it was the authorities trying to capture Whirlwind, the Transformatrix Avenger's hero instincts took over as he flew towards the sound of the sirens. When he flew over the next roof, Dreadwing was surprised to see that the source of the sirens were not in fact coming from police cars, but rather military style vehicles that looked like the cross between a Hummer and a tank, the letters M.R.D printed on its sides. Three of them were currently tearing down the street in pursuit of something. Whatever they where chasing, no doubt it had to be dangerous if these things are needed to catch it. Perhaps this was Whirlwind after all?

Deciding to roll the dice on this one, Dreadwing took off in pursuit of the military vehicles. Eventually, the three vehicles came to a halt at the end of an alleyway. The doors opened and several men, all wearing dark green and grey body armor and armed with advanced rifles, piled out of the vehicles. They all rushed into the ally, their weapons raised. Dreadwing flew over the squad, shifting into robot mode, and landed on the rooftop just above the alleyway, crouching low to not be seen. The robot hero then looked over the ledge and his optics widen in shock. It wasn't a supervillain these soldiers were chasing at all. Instead, standing with its back to the wall, crying her eyes out, was a little girl.

From the looks of it, she looked no older than 10 years old. She looked to be of Asian descendant, possibly from the Philippines. She wore a baggy grey T-shirt that was a few sizes too big for her and a pair of black leggings. She had short black hair, her cheeks tear-stained and a terrified face as the soldiers closed in on her.