Chapter Eight: It's a Gamma World Part 1

Being a superhero sometimes means that you have to deal with villains that get away. Sometimes, you catch them the next time, or a few time later. But then, there's that rare villain that makes it his hobby to always get away.

That role has been taken up by the skilled villain, Hawkeye. The former Agent of SHIELD and known HYDRA agent escaped from The Vault after the Breakout, and the Avengers have been spending weeks chasing him wherever he popped up. But each time they got close to catching him, the archer somehow always found a way to escape.

Normally, Braedey would be okay with a villain slipping away every once and a while. But this guy had managed to escape capture twelve times now and he didn't even have any powers; just a bow and quiver full of high tech arrows. How could he be that hard to catch?

So, when witness repots came in on a guy who matched Hawkeye's description came to their attention, the Avengers were out the door in a matter of seconds to catch the elusive archer. It didn't take long for them to track him down, Hawkeye was dashing across rooftops in a rush. Apparently, there was somewhere he needed to be. For whatever reason, the Avengers were not going to let him get away this time.

"Stay on him." Iron Man ordered over the team communicators, as the team pursued him.

Black Panther leapt from a nearby fire escape to the side of the building Hawkeye was on, and thanks to the Vibranium weaving in his boots, he ran horizontally across the wall as if he was on level ground. On the next building over, Captain America leapt over rooftops on his motorcycle. Thanks to some upgrades that Iron Man had installed, the bike was capable of launching itself from high places and land without damaging the suspension in any way. Just behind him, Freezerburn in vehicle mode was racing along the rooftops. From above, Iron Man kept an eye on Hawkeye with his scanners along with Wasp, all of them in hot pursued of the HYDRA agent.

Captain America revved his bike again as it leaped to the next roof top, landing a few meters behind where Hawkeye was running. "I've got visual." The Super Soldier relayed over comms. "This joker's fast. I'll give him that."

Iron Man flew over head, his scanners locking on to Hawkeyes signature. But before it was complete, the archer reached the edge of the building and jumped down to the street below. "Guys, he just disappeared off my grid. Do you have him?" He said. Freezerburn's optics narrowed in response; no way was this guy getting away again.

"Wow, HYDRA agents are getting good." Wasp said impressed. "He doesn't even have any powers." As the airborne heroes scanned the ground for any signs of him, Wasp noticed movement out of the corner of her eye, she turned and saw Hawkeye running to the edge of an ally, then turning the corner. "There he is." Wasp called out, as she immediately dive-bombed the area at impressive speeds. But when she rounded the corner, she was met with an arrow head, aimed directly at her. Wasp screeched to a halt inches from the tip, frozen.

Hawkeye gave a sly grin as he aimed at the size changing heroine. "Hi there." He said slyly. Usually at her current size, Wasp was very hard to hit. But, if the past was any indication, there was a target this guy couldn't hit.

Suddenly, Hawkeye felt a cold presence behind him, and using his peripheral vision, he saw Freezerburn faze out of the wall behind him. He was quickly joined by Iron Man, descending from the sky infront of him, Captain America, pulling up next to his ally to his left, and Black Panther landing on the fire escape just above him, leaving the archer completely surrounded.

"Give it up, Hawkeye!" Iron Man said as he aimed his repulsor at his head. "You can't win!"

At this moment, Freezerburn couldn't help but grin; four weeks they had been after this guy, and now, they finally got him. All he had to do was blast a blast of ice and it would all be over.