Chapter Fourteen: A New Fresh Start

"This is a bad idea, Braedey." Wasp said as the teenage hero in question was picking out clothes for him to wear on his night out with Carol.

Yesterday, Braedey made the discovery that, since the first day they met, his friend Carol Danvers had been spying on him for Nick Fury in the hopes of manipulating him to join SHIELD. That kind of betrayal would usually have resulted in the teen hero severing all ties with her on the spot and leaving her in the dust. But, certain events involving the Masters of Evil proved just how Carol truly felt about Braedey. So because of that, Braedey felt that he should give her another chance. He invited her to have dinner with him and it was almost time for him to go and pick her up. However, not all the Avengers shared Braedey's views on second chances, most vocal of them was Wasp.

"This doesn't make any sense." The size-changing heroine stated as she flew around his room talking to him. "She betrayed you, she broke your heart, and now, you're going on a date with her. Run that logic by me one more time."

Braedey sighed as he pulled out a jacket for him to try on. "It's not technically a date, Janet." He replied as he tried it on. "This is a chance to see whether Carol is really serious about earning my trust back. Sure, I'm not gonna lie that she hurt me, but what kind of person would I be if I didn't give her a chance to redeem herself? I mean, I can't count all the times Rex tried to kill me before he became my best friend."

"Yeah, you told me that story, and I'm still confused how your worst enemy became your best friend." Wasp stated as she landed on his desk to look at him.

"Life can be weird like that." Braedey said as he had a look at his clothes in the mirror. He was wearing a pair of jeans accompanied by a blue shirt, over which he wore a brown jacket with a trimmed collar.

Wasp looked at the teen with a worried expression on her face. She considered Braedey her little brother and she didn't want to see him get hurt by that girl again. But at the same time, she saw how his eyes lit up when he said her name and all the times before when she saw them together. Every time they where together, Ben looked the happiest he'd been since the day she meet him.

Wasp sighed, then flew off the desk, grew to her full size and walked over to Braedey and started straightening out his collar. "You really like her don't you?" Braedey averted he gaze and a small hint of red formed on his cheeks. Wasp smiled. "It's okay to say it. I wont make a big deal about it."

Braedey didn't say anything for a moment, and then turned towards her. "What if I did?" He asked.

Jan gave the young hero a small smile as she flattened the creases out of the jacket. "Then you hold onto her. I may not trust her, but if you think she's worth it. Then don't let us hold you back."

"It just feels so complicated." Braedey admitted.

"It always does." Jan stated. "But you just gotta roll with it. And if it's meant to be, it's meant to be."

"And exactly how long have you been going after Hank?" Braedey asked in a teasing tone.

Jan immediately blushed, and playfully hits the teen's shoulder. "Watch it, Martin. Or I'll zap that stylish jacket of yours."

Braedey smirked as he stood challengingly before her. "Go ahead, you'll just be wasting your money. After all, you bought this for me."

"I know. That's why I'm gonna let you off with a warning." Wasp replied waging her finger at him.

The two heroes shared a laugh. Braedey then looked over to the clock on his bedside table. He saw that the time for him to meet up with Carol was fast approaching. "I gotta go." Braedey said as he turned to leave.