Chapter Twenty-One: Banner's Day

Throughout his Heroic career, Braedey thought that he'd never meet anyone more stubborn and hot-headed as Rex. Of course, at that point in his life, he did not take alternate dimensions into account. That's where he met someone who's temper and stubbornness where beyond anything he'd ever thought was possible.

"No." The Incredible Hulk grunted, as he sat on the couch with his arms crossed.

Standing opposite him, with his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose, is the Transformatrix bearer, Braedey Martin. "Come on, dude. Can you at least consider it?"

"I said No." Hulk repeated, growing more annoyed by the second.

"Hulk, you're not being fair." Braedey pleaded.

"I don't care." The Green Goliath barked back. "This has nothing to do with you. He made a deal with me. And that's how its gonna stay."

Now it was Braedey's turn to get annoyed. "A deal that you had forced him into!" He countered. "You backed him up into a corner and made him give up his life. Not cool, Dude."

"I don't care. Hulk stays Hulk. Not puny Banner." Hulk said stubbornly, giving the Teen a harsh glare, showing that he was not backing down from this.

Again, Braedey groaned in frustration as he facepalmed. Ever since he met the man during the Gamma World event, the Autobot Avenger has made several attempts to convince his Green Friend to allow his human side to come out for a little while, instead of being trapped inside the Hulk's mind 24/7. But each time he's so much as mentioned the Scientist, the Gamma Brute had flat out denied him at every opportunity. But this time, the Transformatrix Hero was not going to back down.

"Look, Hulk. I know you and Bruce made a deal. But you have to know that Banner has a life of his own. And it's not fair that he has to spend all his time trapped inside your head. I'm not asking you to go back on the deal. I'm just asking you to give up just one day, each month." Braedey explained to the Gamma Giant.

Hulk simply grunted in response and looked away from the Transformatrix Avenger. At first, the Teen thought he was being given the silent treatment. But, as he observed the Strongest Avenger, seeing how he was glaring at one spot and clenching his fist. He started to realise that Hulk was actually glaring at Bruce Banner. At least, where he was seeing Banner in his mind. Braedey remembered how Bruce had told him, he had found a way to communicate with the Hulk while he was transformed. So he figured, this must be what it looked like when they were talking.

But it seemed that whatever the Scientist was saying to the Green Goliath, was not sitting too well with him as he shook his head and growled. "I stay the Hulk. Not Banner. And I'm done talking." With that, Hulk stood up and stomped his was out of the room, brushing past Braedey as he did so.

For a moment, the Transformatrix Avenger stood motionless. He then turned his head to the Hulk as he was exiting the room. "You keeping Banner trapped inside your head makes you no better than he was when he kept you trapped in his." Braedey stated bluntly.

In that moment, Hulk froze. And for one brief moment, both Shapeshifter and Gamma Bruiser remained as still as statues, as if time itself stopped to see what was going to happen. Sadly, it seems that the Green Giant's stubbornness was as limitless as his rage as the Hulk proceeded to walk out of the room and up the stairs to his room, leaving Braedey alone to mull over another failed attempt to help the Hulk's other half.

~*~*~

Midnight. For most people, this would be a time for them to sleep and regain their strength for the day ahead. But in the City that never sleeps, people, cars and lights continued to go about their routines as if nothing has changed, with the exception of a few drunken hooligans that made the smart choice to paint the town. But in the case of one individual, he was spending the first moments of the new day in a different manner.