Chapter Twenty-Two: What Friends Are For

Everyone has a hard day, even Superheroes. Despite all their incredible powers and abilities, they still have days where they have worked so hard that all they want to do is go home and sleep. And for the Avengers, today was one of those days.

It had been several days since the Kang Invasion and the heroes have been working around the clock, helping the people of New York recover and rebuild from all the damages. Everything from helping clean up destroyed buildings, rescuing trapped civilians, to even reuniting lost people with their families.... And comforting them when they couldn't. But they were not the only ones working to help the city recover from the invasion. Other heroes that also inhabited the city and surrounding areas chipped in to do their part. It was during that time, Braedey saw a few familiar faces, such as Spider-Man and Carol. But there were others that he was new to him, such as a female hero with raven hair, wearing a red and yellow skintight suit, that appeared to be flying around the city with what appear to be web wings on her arms. Braedey wasn't sure if this woman was related to Spider-Man in any way, but he was too occupied with his own efforts to ask.

It was also during the clean-up that Braedey was introduced to an organisation called Damage Control, a government agency that was devoted to the clean-up and restoration of public areas in the event of a Supervillain encounter, equipped with advanced tech provided by SHIELD to take care of any collateral damage that may have taken place during a Super Heroes battle with a villain. At first, Braedey was quite surprised that an organisation like this even existed. But the more he thought about it, the more it made sense to the teenager. With so many people in this world possessing extraordinary abilities and with hero and villain classes on a weekly basis, it made sense to have an organisation set up to take care of the damages, in order for normal everyday life to resume as quickly as possible. But still, even with Damage Control working around the clock to return things to normal, the heroes still did their part to help.

Needless to say, the work was not easy, and after days of tireless working, the Avengers were just about ready to collapse by the time they returned to the Mansion. Black Panther had returned to the city a couple of days after the invasion, after making sure that his people in Wakanda were okay and in good hands before he left. Thor returned to active duty a mere hour after he had awoken in the hospital, despite the medical staff's objections. As for the Transformatrix bearer himself, he was tired and weary from everything that had occurred, both during and after the invasion. From finding out he was destined to end the earth, to fighting against a time lord to save it, to aiding the others to rebuild it afterwards. To say he was exhausted was an understatement.

The teenage hero groaned as he entered his room and shuffled across the floor to his bed

The teenage hero groaned as he entered his room and shuffled across the floor to his bed. Braedey removed his signature jacket and sat on the edge of his bed, where he then proceeded to kick off his shoes and socks. He tried to aim for the closet, and both shoes and socks managed to end up inside the closet. But the teen was just too tired to bother. Braedey leaned back and lay on his bed with his feet dangling over the side, taking in a deep breath through his nose and exhaling through his mouth as he did. It was in that moment that the brunette realised something... He smelt bad. It wasn't that much of a surprise, really. He had been working all day in the heat, shifting through rubble and other things, so it made perfect sense that he was filthy. And regardless how tired he was, Braedey Martin was not about to go to bed feeling dirty.