Chapter 5, Part 2: The Time of Our Meeting

Kii's POV 

Tully and I entered the canteen and saw Juno and Kaleo sitting at our usual table by the window. My extra keen wolf hearing picks up a low growl from the future Alpha causing my body to twitch slightly. I groaned internally, what the hell was that for? I quickly scan the canteen and realise that the room has gone dead silent and every wolf seems to have their attention turned towards the two boys' direction. Tully seems to have noticed this, as he too quickly scans the canteen before tilting his head to the side in confusion. I quickly move to defuse the situation by telling Tully a stupid joke I conjured up in the heat of the moment, hoping that it was enough to distract him. And thankfully, it works like a charm as he giggles so cutely that I find myself struggling to refrain from ruffling his brown curls. Tully has this air of vulnerability and innocence about him that makes me want to protect him. Yet at the same time, I can sense that even though he is not physically strong, his eyes speak of an unbelievable strength. He seems like a person who has had to fall again and again only to get up each time, never giving in. 

Tully's smile grows wider as he makes eye contact with Kaleo who is staring at him intently with eyes filled with longing, pain and sadness. He literally looks like he's about to cry. I could tell immediately that something was wrong. And whatever it was it was big. I started to panic when Kal's eyes kept flashing from their usual calm grey to a more golden colour. That was a clear indicator that he was struggling to contain his wolf. Kal has always had very good control over his wolf, so seeing him fighting for control puts me on edge. This combined with his expression that looks like someone has just died only serves to heighten my anxiousness. 

I look over to Juno. And I'm stunned. The boy was long gone. His wolf's black eyes had completely clouded his own bright blue ones. And just from the looks of it, I'm sure if he could, he would have already teleported over to Tully, had his way with him, completely devouring him into a mess. His wolf's fangs were almost poking out of his lips while his eyes in the crudest of terms 'eye fucked the hell out of Tully' 

And at this point, my mind is so jumbled I can't even focus well enough to try to communicate with the two of them through the pack link. Seriously what the hell is going on? Why are they both being like this? And why the hell are both of their wolves showing, especially now of all times, when I'm about to introduce a human to them?

I mean I can understand Kaleo, looking so lustfully at Tully since he is gay and has an atrocious habit of collecting cute things and fucking cute boys. But Juno, I was pretty sure that guy was incapable of feeling any form of attraction. His self restraint puts monks to shame.  He's literally like a bloody robot.

When Kal sees me watching him with a "calm the fuck down glare", he slowly seems to calm down and snap back into reality. 

<Guys what the hell is going on? Urgh... whatever it is, you need to chill before you both turn wolfie in front of everyone and expose us all!> I snap through the mind link.

Kal then looks at Juno who is still eye fucking the oblivious Tully. He then proceeds to whisper something into Jun's ear which causes him to growl albeit less audibly before becoming visibly more relaxed and slowly regaining his humanity.

I grab Tully's hand and gently pull him towards where the two were sitting. I was so entranced with this whole situation that I didn't notice I had just randomly stopped walking and I was standing with a flustered Tully besides me in the middle of the canteen. 

I took a seat next to Juno, and Tully was about to happily sit next to Kaleo seeing as they had already met this morning and by the happy look on Tully's face, they must have really hit it off. But just before he did so, he stopped in his tracks as his eyes met Juno's blue ones. His face flushed crimson,  his bottom lip curled inwardly as he grazed his top teeth under it. This action seemed to snap the remainder of Juno's constraint as his eyes had reverted back to being pitch black, his wolf, lustfully devouring the sight of Tully's being. Holy Moon Goddess am I witnessing the unfolding of the mate bond? These two look so utterly enamoured with each other. 

I could feel a smile work its way onto my face. This is great news because as of recently I was starting to worry about Juno. Having his mate with him should hopefully loosen him up a bit since he has become more and more uptight with every passing day. Sometimes I really miss the little boy I used to play with who didn't actively detach himself from everything. He would cry when he was sad and smile when he was happy. I think Tully's presence will positively impact him. I'm really happy for my best friend, I'm sure Kaleo is buzzing too...um okay? I look over to Kal expecting him to be just as excited and happy as I am for our friend. But I'm once again left speechless. Kal looked so heartbroken and pained as he observed the two. What's wrong with him? 

I cough lightly and the two lovebirds slowly ease out of their eyefucking session. Tully is now as red as a vampire's milkshake. Juno is trying to revert back to his usual robotic expression but fails miserably because of the uncharacteristic toothy smile etched on his lips. Frankly he looks like a moron but nonetheless I'm happy to see him happy. And Kaleo, well, he looks soulless and rather pitiful. After they all seem to come back to reality, the table is graced by an awkward atmosphere and I am left to somehow navigate the conversation between two horny goats and a lifeless rag doll. 

So I begin by introducing Tully to Jun since he is already acquainted with Kal. The boy shyly glances at Juno, his light brown skin failing to disguise the blush that now seems to be permanently engraved on his cheekbones. His eyes trace Jun's face landing momentarily on his lips, he swallows audibly and as the realisation of his actions dawns on him, his gaze quickly snaps back to his lunchbox. The stone faced Jun cracks another rare triumphant toothy smile that screams "my mate likes what he sees" and Tully looks like he's about to faint from all sorts of emotions. And honestly so am I, from pure shock. When was the last time Jun smiled like this? I decide to look away from the two before I choke on my walkers crisps and die prematurely.

Silence once again covers the table and Tully endeavours to break it by talking to Kal. 
"T-thanks f-for the tour t-this morning" he whispers while fumbling with his lunchbox. 

Kal just stares at the boy. His mouth opening and closing like a fish gasping for air. Probably finding it awkward, Tully offers him some of his sushi. 
"Do you...want some s-sushi? He whispers "It's from the supermarket so it's probably not t-the best", he adds while peaking at Kaleo from under his thick row of brown lashes. Kal responds by just opening his mouth. Tully blushes and picks a piece with his chopsticks and places it into Kal's mouth who chews it all the while still staring at Tully's face. Okay so we are going from eye fucking to food porn. Great, just bloody great. 

I turn to look at Juno and he is f-u-m-i-n-g! Though I'm not surprised since his mate just fed another guy. And that guy so happens to be his best friend whose eyes have been glued  on his mate for the last half hour.  I chuckle evilly and ask Tully to feed me too. Which he does. Then Kaleo picks a bit of rice stack on the side of Tully's lip and eats it. Oh. oh. That's when I knew he took it too far. A low, possessive, animalistic growl escapes Juno's mouth and Tully, Kal and I'm sure the rest of the people in the canteen flinch and momentarily freeze. 

Shock is evident on Tully's face as one chopstick slips through his trembling fingers and onto the ground. I hear him mutter "Did he just growl" as he leans over to pick up the dropped chopstick. In the meantime,  I try to calm these idiots through the mind link. 

However, our mind link conversation was short-lived as Tully asks Juno how he did 'that'. And by 'that' he meant the growl. But Kal and I burst out laughing since instead of saying 'that', Tully actually tried to recreate Juno's Alpha growl but instead it came out as this strange high pitched strangled sound. Even Jun couldn't help but chuckle a little at the boy's cute attempt. It was immediately clear that Tully was embarrassed at his failed attempt as he proceeded to quickly hide his blushing face with his hands. I, for one, was just glad that the heavy atmosphere was now finally lifted and we could now have lunch without choking on the tension.