Chapter 16: Bahha Ondeo Kiwan

In a high class bar a few miles from Moon Bridge town.

Sat opposite Juno was a man with an impressive aura. The man had dark coffee brown skin and a short white afro that didn't appear to have been dyed. Though his hair was white, he was not old. At most he looked a few years older than Juno. His stature was also slimmer than Juno's appearing less muscular.

The man sat relaxedly, his whole person languid, unrestrained and his abyssal black eyes seemed to lazily observe and take in everything in their surroundings. His index finger tapped rhythmically on the arm of the chair while the other hand elegantly and effortlessly held a glass of gin.

Juno was not fooled by this air of laziness, his instincts screamed that the man infront of him was like a resting beast, with sharp claws sheathed. And should anyone disturb this beast, all hell would break loose.

Juno breathed in quietly, trying to collect himself. He too is an alpha. He must not be intimidated nor fall into the momentum of another alpha. He knew today could be his only chance to meet the man, Bahha Kiwan, the alpha of the Roamers Pack. This opportunity was timely as he had been sent by the Elders to discuss official business with Alpha Bahha but he also had a few questions of his own he wanted to ask him.

The Roamers are an old pack, though not quite as old as the Moon Bridge Pack. They have a deep but rocky history. It was only a few decades back when Bahha's grandmother, Bibi Ondeo Kiwan, took over the pack did they finally stabilise. According to stories she was a stone fisted no nonsense kind of woman. She took down the many challengers who popped up like weeds during her rein as alpha, never once succumbing to defeat. As the first female alpha to lead a pack, alphas and even some beta from all over greatly underestimated her. However they'd come to challenge her with their heads held high only to leave with their tails between their legs. And that was if they were lucky enough to still have a tail.

Before Bibi Ondeo's rule, the Roamers were predominantly nomadic. They fought different packs for land and resources. They were ferocious and rabid. They won almost every battle they fought in making their name notorious across Europe.

Many packs grew dissatisfied with them and hence a pack alliance was formed to deal with them once and for all. The Roamers suffered great losses with more than half of their warriors killed, almost all their Omega and children taken as spoils of war and resources confiscated.

As the only surviving member of the deceased ruling alpha's family, Bibi Ondeo Kiwan was left to pick up the broken pieces of her once flourishing pack and through sheer hardwork, wit and wisdom, like a phoenix, the Roamers were able to rise from the ashes of defeat. But what made Bibi such a legend was the fact that she was able to rescue and bring back almost all the surviving members of her pack who were taken during the war.

* * * *

Bahha spoke in detail about exchanging resources, and then went on to talk about his pack wanting to extend their territory into the no man's area used for shared hunting at the farthest northern border between their two packs.

They went backwards and forwards many times. And it was already getting well into the night. Bahha at last conceded. He was a clever and shrewd man. He knew when to advance and when to retreat. He had gotten more than he had bargained for today, there was no point in being stubborn only to lose a possible ally.

Bahha liked Juno very much, the younger alpha was different from what he had imagined. Though the Moon Bridge Pack is the largest and strongest in Europe, he personally found their way of doing things a bit old fashioned. Some of their practices were outdated, like the notorious hierarchical class based ruling system. But due to their strength, no one really dared to speak ill of them, since they were too formidable to make an enemy of.