Chapter 13, Part 2: It's Okay, If It's Just Today

Until a moment ago, Tully had been nervous and unsure about where Kal was taking him. But once the door opened he couldn’t help but gasp in awe. The room was relatively large, with rows of shelves that resembled those found in a library. There were floor to ceiling windows that illuminated the space in a warm natural glow. But what truly made Tully quiver with excitement was that the shelves were stacked with rows upon rows of manga. This was literally a library of manga, no it was a temple built for manga. And he was in heaven.

"You and Kii are always going on about these manga. So I asked around a bit and found out that the owner of this shop had quite the collection" Kal spoke drinking in Tully's pure excitement.

"Wow! Kal you are the best! I absolutely love it!" Tully squeaked in excitement.

Kal's smile grew wider but there was a slight twinge of sadness.  He wanted to do more for Tully. He wanted to make him happy every single day. Breaking out of his thoughts he said "I'm glad you like it. Have some of your hot chocolate before it gets cold then we can start browsing".

Tully nodded, he lifted the cup and took a big gulp. He was in a rush to finish the hot chocolate quickly so that he could immediately start looking around. However, he instead burnt his tongue in the process. He hissed slightly, before sticking his tongue out and fanning it, allowing the air to cool it down. Once he was done, he licked his lips and unconciously bit them. Kal's eyes instantly flickered to a golden colour. He took a deep breath to calm his wolf before sighing at how easily Tully turns him on.

They spent a couple of hours in Mr Tamako's private library. And when they were about to leave Tully was a bit reluctant. Mr Tamako was amused seeing this and said that he would allow him access next time he visited. Tully was ecstatic.

"So what do you fancy eating?" Kal asked Tully as they drive out of the parking lot.

"Mmm, something with meat" he replied while still in thought.

Kal waited for him to finish thinking.  But seeing as Tully did not say a particular restaurant he chuckled then asked "How does steak sound? There is a steakhouse about 15minutes away from here".

"Sounds perfect! I haven't been to a steakhouse in forever" Tully said while smiling.

After they finished their meal, they were once again in the car. This was the annoying thing about living in such a small town. Nothing is nearby. You have to drive further out before reaching the larger shopping, entertainment and food areas. However, neither of the boys minded this. They enjoyed each other’s company and even the moments of silence were comfortable.

"Then I guess we are heading to the place you like that I might also like?" Tully asked.

"Correct, now that it's getting darker we'll be able to get a better view".

They drove further away from the main town and towards the forest. Kal found a spot to park the car and got out before helping Tully out as well. He then walked to the boot and took out a large padded coat and hat.  He dressed Tully in the coat, zipped it up and pulled the hood to cover his ears. While pulling out another coat he spoke "Last time, at the school gate you didn't have a coat with you. Today you also left the house without bringing one. Are you out to catch a cold?"

Tully opened his mouth wanting to say something but didn't in the end. He wanted to say that he did think of it but when he saw him the thought escaped his mind. Tully blushed at his own thoughts. He snuggled into the large coat and inhaled Kal's scent. For some weird reason this scent calmed his heart. It made a part of him feel safe and comfortable.  Witnessing his actions, Kal's eyes narrowed in satisfaction.
"If you like the smell that much you should come and smell it from the source" He spoke in a teasing tone.