Chapter 7: The Old Shadows in the Forest

The land in which the Moon Bridge Pack is situated is a large area encompassing three villages and two sizable towns with both human and werewolf inhabitants. Despite this, the core of the pack is considered to be the ancestral grounds in which the pack's founders The Great Alpha Alexander Selene Ordell and his Luna Agnes Selene Ordell who were Juno's grandparents from five generations passed, decided to lay claim and establish it as their family home. 

Many years have since passed and the area they occupied has lessened as the once small scattered communities became villages, which then slowly grew and merged to become two big towns. However, even today the pack-lands and the area within their surrounding vicinity still remain very much unchanged and untouched. Here, lush green forests that seem to spread endlessly in all directions camouflage the large building complex of different architectural styles of their time. 

At the centre of the complex sits an old timber building that houses the pack Elders' meeting chamber as well as their living quarters. The house of the pack Elder's is a place off limit to most if not all lower ranking pack members. Only those with Beta or above status are free to enter and leave as they please. Everyone else must either formally request an audience or be summoned by them. Though, certainly summons from the Elder's never result in any positive consequences. 

In this house at the centre of the complex, four men and one woman are seated around a circular wooden table. Their hair whiten by time and their skins proof of their ripened ages. In front of them, a young handsome youth is standing in attention. 

Juno had just finished reporting to the Elders about matters concerning his training and pack activities. Just before he finished his recount, and after endlessly agonising over it, he reluctantly bought himself to disclose some information  about Tully. He told them vaguely and briefly about Tully's mixed scents and affirmed that the boy was fully human and no further action was required as he would not pose a threat. He, however, did not inform them that Tully was his mate. Now was not the right time. Instead he kept his expression blank and his voice steady and disinterested as to not arouse any suspicion or interest from the people in front of him. But at the same time he was aware that his every move was watched and he practically had no privacy let alone free will. Even if he chose not to speak,  the Elders' spies would do the talking for him. Therefore, it was best if they heard it from him personally, at least then he could still be somewhat in control of his own story. 

The only woman Elder, Eve, broke the silence and spoke. "You may leave now, Alpha successor. We will call you back once we have discussed further". She said meeting her grey cloudy eyes with Juno's vibrant blue ones. 

Juno slightly lowered his head to show his respect and exited the room before closing the door quietly. 

Once he had left them, the room was once more enveloped with a bout of silence. This time, Elder Aldrich broke the quiet and spoke up. "So it's that boy huh?"He mumbled in passing. "The DeMoor boy" He added while stroking his beard 

"Yes, it is him. The other side informed me a couple of days ago that he and his family have moved here." Another Elder by the name of Conrad replied. 

"Why here of all places? Things could get complicated" Aldrich stated annoyedly 

"Why is the other side still keeping an eye on him? Wasn't he another failure, unless there is something they are not telling us? " Elder Dale pondered out loud 

"Even though he was a failure, he's still the only survivor of the experiment so far" Elder Eve stated 

"They really like to get their money's worth don't they. It's been nearly a year since he got transplanted that Omega heart, if he was going to turn into a werewolf he would have done so by now. Those greedy bastards really need to know when to accept failure" Elder Aldrich spoke in a condescending manner 

"Ha! Don't make me laugh, Aldrich, you have no right to call them greedy when you are selling off members of your own kind to be lab rats for money" Eve spoke in disgust at his hypocrisy 

"You talk as if you are not part of this! Get over yourself you wench. You are as much as a sinner as we all are" Aldrich spoke back in a fit of rage at Eve 

"That's enough!" Finally, Elder Owen, who had been silent until now spoke. "This isn't the time to be arguing amongst ourselves.  One wrong move and the pack will find out about our little business" he spoke sternly.