Chapter 8: Meeting the DeMoors

Kii's POV

A couple of days have passed since my conversation with Kal. And over these past few days it seems that he has only fallen further into turmoil. He still hasn't spoken to Juno about what we discussed in the forest and I am growing worried with their birthdays being only three days away. If the two are not able to figure something out soon, then I'm afraid it will be too late.

Tully has quickly become part of our trio, he fits in so well with us, it's as though we've known him all our lives. But I'm sure, even as oblivious as he is to what is happening right now, I am certain that he too is able to perceive the undeniable tension emanating whenever Juno and Kal are together. I just wish they would talk about it rather than let the atmosphere between them continue to be ambiguous and awkward.

As Kal and I exited the sixth form building, it was noticeable that the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder. I guess autumn is already approaching.

We walked towards the outer gate and saw that Tully was still waiting by the car park. He was hopping from one foot to the other, probably trying to keep himself warm.

"That idiot! What is he doing outside in this cold weather with only a t-shirt?" Kal muttered, anger and worry evident in his tone. Taking off his volleyball team jacket, he quickly strode towards Tully and wrapped the jacket around the boy's quivering shoulders before guiding him back towards the inside of the building.

In a dazed state Tully mutters "Kii? Kal?"

"Why were you standing outside? It’s been over an hour since sixth form finished. I ask as neither Kal nor myself know about how Tully gets home each day because we usually go to our respective sports team practices immediately after the school day is over, while Juno heads to the pack house for Alpha duties.

Tully looks at us and replies "Ah, m-my mum is on her way to pick me up but there has been an accident on the way so there is a lot of traffic on the road"

Once Kal finished wrapping his jacket around Tully, his face crumpled slightly as he reached out and touched Tully's face. "Look at you, your face is as cold as ice, not to mention how pale it is! What if you catch a cold? Why did you not wait inside?" Once he finished speaking, he grabbed Tully's cold hands and rubbed them gently between his own to warm them up. He then wrapped his arms around Tully engulfing his whole frame into a hug, while slowly running his hand along his back.

From Kal's chest came a muffled "I'm sorry" from Tully.

Kal slightly pulled away from Tully and said in a gentle tone "I'm sorry too...for getting angry at you. I was just really worried about you and for a moment I lost control."

"After watching the two for a while, I added "The weather here is really fickle, one moment it's warm, the next it's freezing, so always have a warm jacket and gloves in your locker just incase" Tully turn to look at me before nodding with a smile in response.

A few moments later, in the last light of the dusk, my eyes caught sight of three people disembarking from a parked yellow Jeep. Upon closer inspection the two approaching boys looked very similar to Tully and identical to each other. Holy Moon Goddess, they were certainly like Greek sculptures chiselled to perfection. They both had light brown skin that was a few shades darker than Tully's. One had almost shoulder length dark brown curls that swayed gracefully in the gentle breeze while the other more athletically built one had the same hair with the only difference being it's much shorter length.

Both boys were almost the same height as Kal, which is an impressive feat for any human. Behind them was the picture of the earth Goddess herself. Her flawless dark chocolate coloured skin shimmered illuminated by the last light of the evening sun. She was much shorter than the boys but still taller than Tully. She walked purposefully but elegantly towards the sixth form building and once she caught sight of Tully she smiled gently revealing a row of pearly white teeth. I was sure she was only a few years older than the boys until Tully called out to her as mum and my jaw hit the floor. Did she have him when she was 5 years old? Heck, even werewolves don't age this well. Now I understood why Tully was so freakin' cute seeing as he comes from a family of supermodels.

The twin with shorter hair rushed up to Tully with a massive grin on his face. He swiftly placed his big hands under Tully's armpits in a practiced motion, and lifted him from the ground as though he weighed nothing before placing a kiss on his cheek. It was a funny sight to see, as Tully looked like a dangling cat, completely unimpressed and somewhat resigned to this action as though it happens too often for him to even bother retaliating.

"Put me down Julian" he huffed as his feet dangled in mid-air.

"But I've missed you a lot Tul Tul" the boy, or should I say Julian spoke, still unwilling to put Tully down.

The other twin with longer hair and a much gentler countenance, proceeded to lift Tully out of Julian's arms and placed him gently on the ground without saying a word. It was clear by now that he wasn't the type to talk much. He too, placed a kiss on Tully's cheek before taking his bag off his shoulder and carried it in his stead. Finally the beautiful woman did the same, cupping her hands on Tully's cheeks then brushing a few stray curls from his face. They truly looked like they were in their own little happy world.

My wolf hearing picks up on their conversation which consists of Tully's mum asking endless questions.
"I'm sorry you had to wait so long sweetheart. Did you eat all your lunch today? And medicine? Are those two good looking kids you were walking with your new friends you told me about? She says turning her head towards where Kal and I are standing.

Shortly after, an embarrassed Tully trudged over along with his family. It literally looked like they were walking down the catwalk and the people around us who were heading home from after school practice seemed to agree since they've been watching the family in awe ever since they exited their car.

The woman was the first to arrive, she had a big smile on her face as she stood before us looking even more beautiful close up.

I nudged Kal indicating that he should speak first since he is more socially adept. But luckily the woman got there first.

"Tully, introduce us to your friends" she says putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Um...This is Kaleo,'' he mutters looking at him. Instantly a deeper blush coats his face as he briefly makes eye contact.

Kal takes over and introduces both of us.
"Hello, Mrs DeMoor, my name is Kaleo, and this is Kiera. We are Tully's friends, it's nice to meet you" he says, sounding as though he is introducing himself to his in-laws.

I laugh internally thinking about how I'm going to make fun of him about this later but smile innocently outwardly at the woman whose smile has now doubled if not tripled in size.

"You can call me Joanna. I'm so happy you are friends with my son. You both seem like lovely kids. Since he is so shy, and hasn't attended school before I was worried he would have trouble making friends, but now I see I didn't need to worry so much" She says while looking at us as though we were angels.

"Oh these are Tully's older brothers, Julian and Claude" she added pointing at the two boys respectively.

Julian, who by now I have guessed to be the super outgoing and cheeky one of the twins grinned while Claude who I have yet to figure out just grunted in response. Kal and I spoke a little longer with the family, well mostly with Julian and Joanna before they all headed into their car.

"They seem so lovely! Julian is hilarious too" I say while still chuckling at Julian's stupid jokes.

"They are. I'm glad my mate has a nice caring family" Kal replied with a wistful smile.

"Me too" I say in response. "But I wonder why Tully has to take medication?

His tone became heavier with worry as Kal spoke "I was wondering about that too, she even said that he hadn't attended school before...maybe he was homeschooled. Do you think there is something wrong with him?