Chapter 25, Part 2: Petrichor

When they finally parted Tully was dishevelled and panting lightly. He was biting onto his lower lip as his index and middle finger played with the lingering wetness on his upper lip, his gaze never strayed from Juno's as they wordlessly looked into each other's eyes for a time afterwards.

"In this lifetime, in my heart there will only ever be you." Juno said these words with such certainty that Tully became a little flustered.

With a raised eyebrow, Tully looked at Juno dubiously. On his face the words 'as if I'd believe that' were painted. He thought that Juno wasn't much of a talker but whenever he did talk his words scrambled his brain.

Juno lowered his nose onto the crook of Tully's shoulder. He placed a lingering kiss there, nibbled lightly at the pheromone gland like a thief before licking the spot. His eyes fell shut and they remained closed for a moment as he took an audible inhalation. When he reopened them, their usual blue colour had returned and the momentary flash of madness and possessive desire was suppressed.

"In this lifetime, in my heart there will only ever be you." he repeated.

"Humph!" Tully blushed. "I-I still don't believe it."

Juno leaned over and pecked Tully's lips once. "Now do you believe it?"

"Nope".

He pecked him multiple times then asked. "Then, how about now?"

Tully begun giggling under the seige of kisses which made him feel as though his stomach was housing hundreds of agitated butterflies flying around.

"I-I do, I believe you!" He squealed breathlessly and Juno chuckled lightly. His mind drifted for a moment before he hesitantly spoke.

"Tul Tul, actually, um, there is something I need to tell you".

Tully tilted his head in confusion, unsure of where the sudden look of solemness and anxiety on Juno's face came from. He was unprepared for the change in mood but since whatever Juno was about to say seemed important to Juno then it was also important to him. He silently waited for Juno to speak up.

'It was now or never'. This thought kept playing over and over in Juno's mind. When Tully said he liked him, a huge colourful firework exploded in his mind. The joy was insurmountable. He wanted to howl at the top of his lungs and let the whole world know that his mate liked him back. But with the sweet taste of happiness was accompanied by a bitter taste of guilt. Tully treated him with upmost sincerity, he took up the courage to open up to him and express his feelings to him despite his inherently shy personality. He felt that it was only right that such sincerity was reciprocated in kind. He had to tell Tully, right now or he was afraid there wouldn't be another chance as opportune as this.

"Well, um so you see...It's probably hard to believe but I'm not actually human-human...fully human. I'm what is referred to as a werewolf". His voice grew an octave lower towards the end.

Tully blinked blankly. And Juno could almost hear the cricket sounds play in the background as a huge question mark hovered above Tully's head.

"A...werewolf...?" Tully asked with an unexplainable expression on his face. Seeing this expression Juno's heart tightened in fear. And his fist clenched so hard he could feel his fingernails cut into his palm.

"Yeah. I am a werewolf. Or a shifter. That means I can freely change from my human form into my wolf form".

"Oh...s-so does that mean one of your parents is a wolf?" Tully asked incredulously with narrowed eyes. Juno could even hear a hint of joking in his tone. Tully clearly wasn't buying any of this. He paused for a moment not sure exactly how to proceed.