Chapter 21: The Beast of Longing

Tully's eyes flew open. He greedily gasped like a drowning man who had finally managed to get his head above water. His breathing was desperately ragged making him feel as though his heart was being squeezed through the opening of a bottle.

There was chatter swimming around his ears, he wasn't sure if it was his mind that was in chaos or his surroundings. He felt various figures were gliding around him, infinitely sped up leaving behind only hazy afterimages that dizzied his head.

A pulsating heat was raging through his body like hot venom but he was numb and chilled all over. He was perched, but he was instinctively aware that it wasn't the kind of thirst that water could quench. Tully was once again thrusted into disarray. drowning in sensory stimulation. At this moment, nothing but the pain in his chest felt real.

Under the humm of confusion, an image of a pair of deep golden eyes replayed in his mind again, again and again. They were like an ethereal phantasm. And he, like a man who had ignited the first fire, stared as though bewitched into those two golden flames despite the burning terror he felt towards the beast.

The beast's gaze drew him in like a lull of a siren's song would a drunk sailor. It was human yet beastly. Possessive yet protective. Feral yet kind. That golden eyed beast seemed to look past the windows that were his eyes, speaking directly to his heart, whispering of a wordless, wretched yearning for him.

At that moment, he remembered the fear washing away as such a plug had been pulled from his heart and it could all be drained away with an exhale. Only an unfathomable confusion, a bubbling sense of awe and a dull inexplicable heartache were left. Then all light was smothered from his eyes and he was plunged into darkness.

* * * *

Somewhere many miles away, obscured under a mess of brown hair, a pair of brown eyelashes flattered open to reveal seemingly tranquil golden eyes. But the slight quivering of the boy's lower lip and the trembling hand that covered his rapidly reddening eyes betrayed any outward semblance of aloofness.

"He came to me." A choked whisper sounded from the boy's trembling lips.

Hi everyone!

It's a sUpEr sHorT chapter, I am really ashamed of myself, especially since i've been MIA for ages. *covers face in shame*

That aside, I wish you all a lovely and Merry Christmas 🧡🧡🧡

And as always, I want to thank all those who is still reading, voting, commenting and adding this story to their reading list. I really appreciate it. Ps, some of the reading list titles are really funny!