C56:☆The One Who Walked Under the Sun☆

"I couldn't protect you. Even until the end." It was a statement that took a lot of willpower from him.

This was the third time she had slipped from his grasp.

He had failed for three times.

He wondered when this cycle would end.

"You were a heartless woman. "

She gave up this life because she couldn't be with him.

For the third time, they were separated again.

How long would he wait again? Last time, it took a few decades.

Then the fourth reincarnation came.

He only waited for two years. It was a ridiculously short time than the last. It sounded impossible but he could never be mistaken.

He knew what she smelled like. Her scent alone distinguished her from the thousands of scents his nose could pick up.

Even without her scent, he knew deep inside that she was someone whom he could easily identify the moment he laid his eyes on her.

It was also because she was the only human who could tell that he was a demon at first glance.

Everytime they met, her eyes would dilate as if telling him that his identity could never be hidden despite his perfect persona.

The fourth reincarnation was a child who disappeared the moment he turned his eyes away.

It was because that person found her and took her away.

He barely saw the fifth reincarnation.

She was immediately whisked away when he determined her location. But he wasn't fast enough to stop that person.

The sixth reincarnation committed suicide for an unknown reason and her corpse was the last thing he found.

He knew she was raped from the wounds alone.

The seventh reincarnation was a young woman who was closely similar to her original appearance.

The seventh also acted similarly like the original.

He found her first. He made a decision to win her over again even if he had to deceive her.

This time, she stayed longer by his side for more than a year.

It was like they were back to their first life.

It was totally unlike the second reincarnation where he grew mad from her first death and accidentally killed her in her second life.

"It's unfair." She told him. At first, he didn't understand.

"I want to hold your hand under the sun. I want to kiss you day and night. And I don't ever want to feel the need to hide you because of what you are. Why is it so unfair? You deserve to be happy too..."

And somehow he did.

Even though centuries had passed, she had fallen for someone like him.

Did he deserve her?

"I want to go home."

He lied to her.

"Muzan knew! You knew! You didn't tell me at all! And I trusted Muzan!"

He had deceived her and hid the truth.

It was because he couldn't walk under the sun.

He was still unable to keep up his promise.