C37: ☆Consequences☆

Bruh, it's about to get intense here.

♤♡◇♧

"If Nao-san is given the chance to experience immortality, never having to worry about the fragility of a human body, what would Nao-san do?"

Nao remembers the time Muzan was still oblivious to the fact that she knows he's a demon. He was very gentle with her, kind and would always smile as if he couldn't form any other expression on his face.

He would hold her hand, slow down when they walk just so Nao could keep up and wouldn't get lost.

Then there's the fact that he spoils her a lot with anything she wants, even the things she didn't want.

Her eyes would only linger on a bracelet once and Muzan would end up buying it for her. Nao learned never to stray her gaze after that.

The Muzan she first met was a kind man despite being a demon.

Now that Nao has told him her knowledge of his demon identity, Muzan's demeanor has suddenly changed.

He was still the same person yet Muzan was more open with her, doesn't shy away from showing his ruthlessness and even going as far as to lay claims on Nao as if he was an animal trying to protect his territory.

Nao would have find it endearing, how Muzan easily gets jealous or possessive of her but the fact that all the demons who end up looking at her, even once, somehow ends up in a puddle of their blood a few seconds later...was somehow traumatizing.

This really disturbs Nao more often than not, she would stay in her room while she waits for Muzan. It was boring and Nao would often try to find ways to distract herself during confinement.

It was also safer that way since she rarely encounters any demons while she's in her room. Though there would be a rare case of one or two being able to find her out of curiosity.

Their lives don't last very long.

She would suddenly find herself on Muzan's lab while the demon or demons who happen to find her would end up a bloody mess on the floor before she could even blink.

It must be some kind of demon technique since Nao could hear a biwa being struck every time the room changes.

The first instances always had her fainting because of how much blood there was until it became a frequent occurence that Nao doesn't even bat her eyelashes anymore when there's suddenly a corpse on the floor.

Of course, the sight still disturbs her and it left her clinging to Muzan afterwards, basically the only person she coult trust inside that place.

Now that Nao could mull over it and think it over, she was slowly understanding how Muzan was manipulating her to get what he wants.

He doesn't answer her questions and would say a lot of vague things.. Nao doesn't want to overthink it but it seems that Muzan doesn't plan on ever letting her go since he doesn't even mention anything about the outside world.

He doesn't tell Nao how much time has passed, what kind of medicine he's been giving her and it took her quite a long while before he even admitted that it contains his blood.