C38: ☆Reason☆

♤♡◇♧

Nao was rooted to her spot, the large pair of arms holding her felt like they were shackles made out of the heaviest iron. Gone was the usual warmth she felt while in the arms of her friend(?).. lover(?).

The ragged breathing she could hear beside her ear was only increasing her discomfort as seconds pass and it felt like an eternity as she sat on Muzan's lap. He was hugging her from behind, having abandoned their positions on his lab and was now on another room.

Nao was strangely quiet, not really having the urge or need to speak up after what happened earlier. Muzan was so excited that she could see how his blood was rushing, his vein bulging to the point that they were visible enough to see even from a long distance.

A normal human's veins would have burst or popped but Muzan was no human and his body was greatly superior. His bulging veins were a clear sign of heightened emotions, what he felt seemed akin to excitement and anticipation.

It was the first time Nao has seen him make such an expression and he looked ... frightening. He was already fearsome and dangerous despite appearing human but his increased in size, muscles and the deep guttural tone he used that was still quite masculine was so different from what he usually was.. Nao couldn't help but feel fear, a fear that was strong enough to keep her from speaking or moving.

The aura around him was so suffocating that even though her cursed mark was gone, it felt as if it had returned. It's as if nothing has changed and her body has only gotten worse.

Nao could barely breathe, she felt as if there was an extreme lack of air that even if she did try to inhale a hundred times, it would still not be enough.

Then there's the fact that her limbs were as heavy as lead, as if the fear in her system were weighing them down to the point that she could barely move a finger.

This was true fear.

A feeling that suffocated you, rendering you unable to move, speak or even think about the next course of action that you should take.

And Nao's mind really felt blank. She could only focus on the fact that she was being held by one of the most dangerous demon there is. Lover or not, Nao could tell that if she wanted to pacify his heightened emotions, she would need to answer all his inquiries to the best of ber ability.

"Tell me.." The moment she heard his deep masculine voice filled with authority, Nao was immediately on alert, her already pale complexion paling even more.

".. Nao-san knows a lot about the Blue Spider Lily. Tell me what Nao-san knows. All of it. Don't hold back on my account for I am very, very interested to know more about it." He whispered on her ears, his voice, a deep growl like that of a predator.

Nao felt faint, she really did but she needed to get this over with as soon as possible.

"I.."She tried to say at first but discovered that she was too bothered to utter even a single sentence.

He then lifted her up to his lap, arms snaking around her waist and they tightened considerably to the point that she could tell how determined he was to keep her in this room just to squeeze her dry with all the information he needed.

"There is no need to feel so nervous. I would never hurt Nao-san. As long as Mimi will behave, there wouldn't be a problem. Mimi is going to answer me, right? You'll tell me just what it is I want to know, willingly."

"I..uh.. Yes." Nao whispered nervously despite his attempt to reassure her.

He grinned against her neck.

Nao felt her face paling even more.

"Humans are so easy to scare." He said. "They are so fragile that they could easily die even from a single disease. But Mimi is different afterall. You won't be like them. You will shed this human fragility and soon possess a superior body. I'd be able to join you under the sun and fulfill all your hopes and dreams. It will be possible as long as Mimi tells me about the Blue Spider Lily. "

Nao gulped. "But it's just a m-myth.. the flower.. it doesn't exist. Even Yui tells me that the Blue Spider Lily is a mere product of countless tales and stories weaved by the minds of the elderly."

Muzan chuckled darkly. "But it is real. It made me this way. It was the sole reason why I am like this and not a pitiful corpse under the ground."

Nao's eyes widened at that. So he became a demon because of the flower? But how was that possible..

And if the flower turned him into a demon then all those other demons.. did they all turned because of the Blue Spider Lily or did they consumed a demon's blood? Who's blood turned them into a demon?

"Mimi, you will help me, won't you? You will help me find the Blue Spider Lily. Think of all the possibilities. I'd be able to join you under the sun. We don't have to hide inside this fortress anymore. Mimi won't fear death anymore. It is the flower that made me immortal afterall, the one that cured the disease plaguing my body , the very disease which is my humanity. With the Blue Spider Lily, you would be able to achieve a perfect and superior body that doesn't get sick or tired. And most importantly, we'd be together and not a single nuisance would be able to ruin our perfect and happy life." He continued to say, his voice smooth and alluring that Nao was actually tempted to believe him.

She frowned. "I don't want an immortal body.. "

His arms around her waist tightened and Muzan growled lowly.

"You want an immortal body. How else are you going to stay beside me? Mimi, I've waited for so long. You won't leave me again. It will not happen. This time, I will make sure of it."

What did Muzan mean by that?

"I don't want to be i-immortal. If Muzan wants the Blue Spider Lily, I won't stop Muzan. Like I said, it is a mythical flower, a rarity among its kind. It was said to have extraordinary healing abilities and anti-aging properties. Some say that it could even prolong a person's life but despite the sacredness of the flower and its amazing abilities, it is said that to receive its gifts, one must pay the ultimate price. I.. I don't know what the price is.. Yui often tells me that one would have to sacrifice their hu..mani...ty..oh." Nao trailed off, realization dawning on her.

She gasped. "Muzan became a demon because of the Blue Spider Lily.. Muzan used to be human before.." Nao muttered thoughtfully under her breath.

"H-How.. old is Muzan exactly?"

Muzan's red eyes gleamed and he smirked.

"It has been a long one thousand years."

Nao's eyes widened in surprise. She knows that Muzan is immortal, courtesy of being a demon but if he lived that long then he....

Nao felt her entire world crumbling down.

Was it him?

Was he their ancestor?

The reason why the disease that was currently ailing her brother and her family was passed down from generation to generation? The genetic disorder that effectively left the Ubuyashiki family with weak bodies and a lifespan of less than thirty years...?

The entire reason why they were cursed because of birthing the "Original Demon"?

Was it him?