C27- ☆Conflict☆

Sauce.

For.

2020.

Three more chapters to go and I can write about Nao again.😂

--------

Heian Period, in the late 700's

Mimi sometimes wish that her mother was alive. Her Otou-sama always tells her that she was so similar to her and they have the same personality.

Maybe if her mother was alive, she could've helped Mimi a lot when it comes to making decisions for herself. But for the long time that she was gone, Mimi got used to the fact that there was no one she could rely on but herself so she learned to be independent.

She learned to cook on her own, to trade goods and budget money. And there's also the fact that she engrossed herself in books in order to learn medicine and herbs.

She took everything in stride and always ketp her chin up. Mimi rejected all her suitors, declaring that she was not interested in a relationship because she was already invested in so much more.

There's also the reason that Mimi fears that she would be incapable. That she would simply be not good enough to be a wife to her husband.

Because underneath all her strong exterior, was an inferiority complex that she was trying her best to hide.

Her Otou-sama always did tell her that it was okay to feel incompetent because it makes people strive harder.

So Mimi took his advice well and did her best to improve hersef. She wasn't like other women who kept their hands soft and never dirtied their clothes or skin.

Mimi also did a lot of labor not because they were poor but on the contrary, her Otou-sama being a merchant made them the wealthiest family in the village excluding the nobles and other clans.

She simply did all of those to learn and see things in a different perspective but of course, making clay and pots or fishing never did deter her suitors.

It got so annoying to the point that Mimi decided to pursue education and study medicine instead because it kept her away from males. No man would want a woman who could outsmart them.

But even while she was away and was staying with Lord Muzan in his household, Mimi was still buried in her books.

"Mimi, tell me more about your stay with Lord Muzan and what the lord is like." Her Otou-sama once said when they were enjoying tea in his room.

Mimi brushed back a loose strand of her hair before closing her book and placing it beside her.

"My stay with Muzan-sama was not very pleasant at first." Mimi admitted. Her father wasn't bothered by her honesty. In fact, he remained silent and kept listening.

"I am not a doctor but I know that Muzan-sama is sick. "This information intrigued her father because he suddenly asked her a question.

Mimi blinked. "You did not know?" She asked him. Her father shook his head.

"Muzan-sama is sick. I don't know about his illness but if his pale complexion is anything to go by then I would guess that it keeps him from getting out of his house. "She remembered how Lord Muzan would often reject her offer to go outside. He was simply content on walking in the garden and it really made Mimi feel bad for him because she knows the reason for his refusal.