C24- ☆Dazed☆

Heian Period, in the late 700's

To be frank, Mimi is still not used to the fact that she was living with Muzan under one roof.

Her feelings were confusing because at one point, she wasn't very fond of the man but as she spends most of her meals eating with him, Mimi realized that he could be capable of being gentle. And he respected her space most of the time.

He was also very direct when it came to his demands which was something that Mimi could easily handle. Although it sometimes annoyed him when she refused, Muzan respected her wishes and would change the topic. He also likes his privacy a lot.

When her father told her that Muzan could take care of her because of his numerous servants, Mimi felt ashamed. His father was indeed right because almost everything she needed was prepared for her, from her bath, to her clothes and to the very food she eats.

Mimi never did like the fact that she was unable to do anything when she could handle it herself . The servants were nice and understanding but Mimi sent them away because she preferred to care for herself in her own way. She didn't want to rely too much on anyone.

She was thankful for the hospitality she was receiving but she grew up independent and she liked it when she did things for herself.

"Mimi." A voice called out and she turned to face the source, noticing that Muzan was behind her and looking quite pale.

"Let's go for a walk in the garden." He said and in most days, she would have accepted his invitation because of how soothing it was to stroll outside but Mimi was not blind, she was a merchant's daughter afterall and she knew a thing or two about medicine and the human body.

"Muzan-sama. "She greeted before coming over to him and placing a hand on his pale cheek. His eyes closed and he placed a hand over hers as if relishing the warmth her skin could provide.

He always did tell her how warm she is and he was very fond of holding her small hands.

"It is very cold outside. I'm worried that Muzan-sama might get sick. "

His lips almost sneered at her worries but he ended up sighing instead.

"I'm fine." Muzan responded but she could hear the strain in his voice.

"Muzan-sama..." Mimi whispered. "You're weary. Let me take you to your room instead. "

His eyes opened in an instant and he turned his head away.

"I said I'm fine. Don't think that you can tell me what to do just because I favor you."Muzan snapped in an annoyed tone.

Mimi froze at his words. She was shock, not really expecting such words from the same man who often walk with her at night to watch flowers and fireflies.

Mimi frowned before giving him some space.

"Muzan-sama, it isn't like that. I am merely worried. Forgive me if I offended you but I don't want you to play the martyr. Nor do I. " His brows creased at her equally blunt words but Mimi remained firm and resolute. "Some people have the capability to withstand pain and suffering. And it makes them seem strong to others but because they are strong, no one ever asks if they're okay."

Mimi slowly grabbed Muzan's hand.

"Muzan-sama, I believe that you are okay, for you are a strong man but because I am weak and naive, I hope you would retire for the night to ease my worries. " She said impassively as she held both of his cold hands.