C49: ☆In Search of You☆

After proving that Nezuko would not hurt or eat humans, Kagaya begins to proceed with the pillar meeting. However, Tanjiro, who was being carried by two other mizunoto immediately cut him off.

"Okay..The pillar meeting will.."

"Please wait!" He exclaimed, as he held onto a column. "I want to butt heads with that scarred guy! I mean it!"

"Shut up! Shut up!" The two other mizunoto dragging him were mortified that he dare interrupt Oyakata-sama from talking let alone the pillar meeting but Tanjiro wouldn't have it.

"Just for cutting Nezuko! I mean it!"

"Tch.. I shouldn't be going against the rules but.." A slender hand stealthily grabbed a rock.

"Rip his fingers off now!"

Bam!

A small pebble struck Tanjiro across the face, effectively shutting him up.

Muichiro, the Mist Pillar, bounced another pebble in his hand. "Interrupting Oyakata-sama is a bad idea." He said menacingly.

The two mizunoto immediately grabbed onto Tanjiro and apologized profusely.

"Hurry up and leave." Muichiro said.

"Ah..a..ah..!! No, wait!"

"Hey, you shut up now!"

"This guy is insane!"

But Tanjiro still spoke. "I'm not sure if this is supposed to help but Muzan Kibutsuji is looking for someone! "  Tanjiro exclaimed aloud once more as he was being dragged away.

Suddenly, all eyes were upon him and the two mizunoto behind Tanjiro started to sweat nervously.

'They're really angry now!!!'

"Oyakata-sama's eyes are a pale lavender and it reminded me just now of how I met that guy! He's looking for a woman named Mimi with black hair and eyes like Oyakata-sama!"

"Mimi?" Kagaya whispered.

♤♡◇♧

'Muzan Kibutsuji!' Tanjiro's mind produced this name the instant he saw those red eyes and black curly hair.

The expression of the man was hostile at first until he turned around to reveal that he wasn't alone. His cold and indifferent expression was suddenly replaced by a warm smile.

"Are you looking for someone?"

'This guy!' Tanjiro thought as he glared at the ravenette who was holding a child in his arms.

"Daddy, who's that?"

Tanjiro was unable to answer as the innocent eyes of the child looked at him.

Muzan smiled, mimicking a regular person's smile flawlessly. "Young man, I'm also looking for someone. A pale woman with black hair and pale lavender eyes. Her name is Mimi. Have you seen her, young man?"

Tanjiro breathed heavily, eyes wide with anger as his body shook. If he wasn't so focused at this man, he would have probably ignored the question. And yet this guy..

'He's a demon but what he's doing is..!'

When a woman wearing a dress appeared and asked what was wrong, Tanjiro couldn't help but be surprised.