chapter 1 (edited)

January 17, 2021

January 17, 2021

Waking up in a bed full of crumbs was not the way I wanted to start my day off.

Last night when I got home I decided to just eat in my room and try to not make a mess.

The key word is try.

Instead, as soon as I pulled out the food from the bag it just so happened to be upside down, causing the food inside to spill out on my bed. Too tired to care at the time, I just brushed the crumbs to the side and continued to eat afterward did my homework then passed out.

Yawning, I sat up glancing at my clock. Seeing as it was only eight in the morning, I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up for the day.

After showering and doing everything I needed, I left my room to make breakfast for me and Kyle. Considering eggs were all we had in our refrigerator, I took out the remaining eggs, cracked them, and started to quickly cook them. 

Once I thought they were cooked enough I added some salt and pepper and then pulled out two bowels and began setting up the table. "KYLE!" I Called out for him while pulling out a fork for each of us to use. When I went to sleep last night, Kyle still wasn't back from his date, so I don't know how late he was up.

Seeing Kyle come out of his room I sat down and began to eat. "How was your date with Riley?" I asked, hoping it went well. They would make such a great couple and I knew how much they both liked each other. Especially Riley, every time we hung out all they talked about was Kyle.

Yes they, recently Riley started going by they/them pronouns and had told us it was okay if we slipped up a couple of times as it was a new thing to get used to but Kyle and I have been doing pretty good using their preferred pronouns.

"It went really well, we're planning on going out on another one sometime soon." He beamed while eating his eggs.

"That's good I hope that one goes well too." Smiling at him and getting one in return.

After that, we continued to eat in comfortable silence although from time to time Kyle would glance at me as if he wanted to say something.

After a while of this, I decided to just ask him what was wrong. Usually, if Kyle had something to say he just came out with it no matter what it was. "Nothing is wrong, I was just wondering..." He mumbled the rest of it. Gesturing for him to speak louder, I got up to put my plate in the sink before turning around to face him again.

"Welllastnightisawwhatwaslastopenonyourphoneandwaswonderingwhydidntyoutellmeyouwantedtobeasugarbaby"

What?

"Kyle I literally have no idea what you just said, say it again but slower."

"Well, last night I saw what was last open on your phone when I was borrowing it and was wondering why didn't you tell me you wanted to be a sugar baby." He repeated slowly this time.

I blinked at him.

 Why does he think I want to be a sugar baby? At first, I didn't know what he was talking about till I remembered the website from last night. Oh god, no wonder he thinks I want to be a sugar baby.

embarrassed, I explained how it was a misunderstanding and how I'm not a sugar baby nor do I want to be one. "Besides I don't even have the confidence to give my body up for money."

"Not all sugar daddies want your body, sometimes they just want someone to spoil and love," Kyle said back in retribute.

"Maybe, but still I'm not looking for anything right now, sugar daddy or not." Which was true. Ever since my last relationship, I've been too scared to even like someone, much less actually do things with anyone.

"Well still, I wish you would find someone you've never even had a boyfriend before, but we're still young so I guess I understand." He had said something else but he was too quiet for me to hear.

Noticing how Kyle suddenly looked nervous I decided to change the topic. "Do you wanna come to the store with me? I have to buy some things for a project I have due next week."

"Sorry I can't, I have to go pick up Benny remember?" Benny was the cat we got a couple of months ago. She was currently at the vet because she had to get spayed and they kept her there for a couple of days to monitor her recovery.

"Oh yeah, okay well I'm going to go get ready to leave, send me an update on Benny when you pick her up," I say while walking back to my room.

"Will do, see you later!"

--------------------------

It's been a couple of hours since I've been home from the store and I have been mostly lazing around the house and fussing over Benny.

Kyle was nowhere to be found, and since he was usually my source of entertainment, I've been bored out of my mind.

Pulling out my phone from where I lay on the floor of my bedroom, I checked if I had missed any messages from someone as I keep my phone on do not disturb.

And to my surprise someone did.

832-291-7267.  
Hello, is this toby?

Huh, that's weird. I don't think I gave anyone my number recently. In fact, I never give out my number.

slightly curious about who it could be and how they know my name, I ask who they are.

Almost immediately I get a reply.

832-291-7267
I'm Beckett, from the sugar daddy website you signed up for. I got a message saying we were a compatible match.

Wondering how that's possible as I never even fully looked at the website I answer him back.

Toby

Um, I never signed up for anything? I think you have to wrong person. Sorry.

Still, that's a weird coincidence of how someone from the website I didn't sign up for but looked at, had gotten my number. Dismissing it as nothing, I go to exit the chat when Beckett sends me an attachment. 

A/N- hey guys!! Was supposed to have this out yesterday but I fell asleep. Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter and ill see you in the next one which I'll try to have by tomorrow