Chapter 4 (edited)

When I woke up the next morning, I was sweating

When I woke up the next morning, I was sweating. Last night Lee and I had confirmed he could come over and stayed up talking until it was his bedtime. After we hung up I had realized what was to happen today. This caused me to stay up late overthinking and to wake up late the next day.

It was currently one o'clock but it was a 30-minute drive to where we were supposed to meet, so I decided to start getting ready.

I really wanted to just lie and say I came down with something so I couldn't go, but I knew I couldn't just do that. That's a cowardly thing to do, and as scared as I was I hated being a coward.

Since I already took a shower last night and was still wary of any spiders that could still be there, I decide to skip on taking one for today and pick out an outfit to wear for the day.

looking through my closet for a minute I decided on some grey sweatpants with a black hoodie that said "love me." across the front. I slip them on, hoping I wouldn't be too hot once I got there as the weather had been starting to get warmer as the days went on. Plus I start to get hot and sweat when I'm nervous. 

Going into the bathroom I fix my hair as much as I could and looked in the mirror giving myself a quick look over, deeming myself good enough. I never cared for my appearance as others did, but every time I saw a photo of me I would cringe at how I would look like I just rolled out of bed.

looking away from the mirror, I could feel my stomach tightening with nerves of having to meet someone new alone. "Whatever," I thought, I was just going to explain the misunderstanding and then leave, I could do this.

Glancing down at my phone it read 1:25. Grabbing everything I might need, I say goodbye to kyle, and make my way out of my apartment.

Taking an elevator to the bottom floor, I pull out my phone to pull up the directions to Emmas, as I had only been a handful of times which was not enough to remember the way there by memory.

Exiting the elevator, I head to the double doors that allow me to exit the building before walking to the bus stop as kyle needed his car later and I wasn't sure when I'd be back.

half an hour later and I was standing in an empty parking lot outside of Emmas. Looking up at the building, I take a deep breath and close my eyes. 

I hated meeting new people even when I was younger. Recently it's been worse, kyle has been trying to help, but there's always a few lingering fears in the back of my mind every time I go out, causing me to just stay in which most definitely didn't help me.

Sending a quick message saying I'm here to Beckett so I can't chicken out, leave, and pretend this never happened I make my way into Emmas.