Chapter 9

I was still a little tired from my nap so on the way to the store I was cuddled up against the car door with a spare blanket Beckett had in the back if the car draped over me

Beckett had said the ride to the store was only half an hour away and we had just gotten on the road ten minuets ago. The warmth the jacket provided me and the steady rumble of the car was slowly lulling me to sleep. I refused to go to sleep though, if I fell asleep again I wouldn't be able to fall asleep tonight.

"were almost there just five more minuets," Becketts voice pulled me out of the clouds I was previously in. Opening my eyes, which I didn't realize I had closed, we were at the Target I usually shop at. "How come we're all the way out here?"  I know there were stores closer to his house as I saw them on the way back from breakfast. 

"The ones by my house aren't the best they are usually always out of stock and don't have the things I like." Oh. Makes sense, Target is superior anyways. Pulling up into the parking lot Beckett drives around looking for an empty space.

We eventually found one close enough to the entrance. Walking into the store I shiver at the blast of cold air that hits me. While it felt good from the humid outside air, I already knew I was gonna be cold by time we left.

Pushing the cart with one hand, Beckett grabs me with his other hand tugging me closer. Instead of tensing up like i normally would, I felt myself relaxing into him as he brought the warmth I was starting to miss.

Walking down the frozen food isle he told me to grab whatever I wanted. Looking around I grabbed the cheapest stuff, as I didn't want him to spend a lot of money on me despite him having enough to do so. Noticing what I was doing Beckett sighed grabbing my hand, "hey, if you don't choose what you actually want I'll spoil you with more things than you can keep up with."

Pouting I starting grabbing the thing I really wanted. Deep down I was happy that he was willing to do this for me, but on the surface I was feeling bad. I knew somehow I would find a way to make it up to him for spending all this money on me even if he disagreed with it.

"Ok im done, can we go now its freezing in here," I asked beckett. He looks at what's in the cart before nodding his head. "Yes, we just need to go to the hygiene section real quick and then we can check out."

On the outside I just smiled and nodded, but on the inside I was crying. Maybe it was because i was still tired from my nap, but I just wanted to go home and be in bed. I hated being around people or anywhere but a bed for too long.

Walking down the hygene isle beckett grabs some things I didnt see before turning to me. "Do you need anything here before we go? I know you brought some stuff already to my house but just incase." Pausing to think for a second I shake my head. I didn't grow any body hair, no matter how much I tried, and I was lucky to have the gene where I don't produce any body odor.

"Alright lets go to self checkout and then we either get something for an early dinner or I can cook us something." Honestly i was dying for a home-cooked meal. I could only make the basics or things that came in a can and Kyle was a lazy ass who never did anything.

At self checkout Beckett scanned the items while I bagged them and put them back in the shopping cart. I didnt even look at how much it came out to, scared I might faint if I did. This time I pushed the cart out of the store to the car. Loading everything up in the trunk of the car, I went to go put the cart in one of its designated place when I saw the cutest things ever.

A kitten.

I love cats so much. Crouching down I put my hand out for it to sniff me. I watched as it walked forward a little but just barely touching the tips of my fingers with its nose. Deeming me not a threat it came a little closer and allowed me to pet it's head. It couldn't have been older than a couple of weeks with how small it was.

Forgetting about how Beckett was most likely waiting for me I sat down and continued petting the kitten. It even climbed in my lap! I must've lost track of them becuase suddenly my phone went off with beckett calling me. Oh crap, it had been half an hour already. Answering the call I put the phone up to my ear.

"Where are you? Ive been looking for you this whole time. Do you know how worried i am, kidnappings have been reported in this area recently. Are you ok?" I winced hearing how worried he sounded. "Ah im sorry, I got distracted by-" becket cut me off before I can finsish. "You know what it doesn't matter just tell me where you are i'll come around with the car."

Looking around I tell him at shopping cart drop off #8 before he hangs up. I feel like a little kid again getting in trouble for somerhing I didn't mean to do. Not long later Beckett shows up. Stepping out the car I can already feel the anger he's emitting. "You're lucky your new to this or else you would've been bent over my knee quicker than you can say no. Next time yo- what is that." Looking to what hes pointing at, I smile. The kitten had fallen asleep in my lap while I was wsiting for beckett.

"Well I saw her and started to pet her, which is why I didnt come back. Can we take her with us please.." I try to give him my best innocent look but all he does is give me a deadpan look in return. "Ge can stay at my apartment, but since I'm staying with you for right now she'd have to stay with at your house for a couple of days." I was really hoping he said yes. I would cry knowing I had just left a poor kitten here alone.

A/N - I didn't know how to end this chapter so it's kind of abrupt but 🤷🏽‍♀️ but before I end this chapter I want to help spread some awareness. I know I dont have a big platform but I still want to somehow help. As a women who is a person of color and part of lgbtq+ I most definitely do not feel as safe as I should be able to feel. In case y'all somehow dont know what happening I'm going to just make of small list of things going on/movements and if yall would like I can link some petitions and ways yall can help people who are being judged against.

•blm- this has been happening for a while, how black people are STILL being treated in 2021 is NOT okay. Do not say alm (all live matter) as an argument because that is supressing the blm movement. If you are white or have any sort of privlage please help this movement any way you can!!

Stop asian hate- while I believe asian hate has always been there it had definitely gotten worse with the coronavirus. Ive heard about elderly people, and young kids, who have gotten besten to death simply because they are Asian. Again anyone with privilage or the ability to help please do!!

•"Super straights"- this is for those who are transgender. This movement basically is supporting transphobia. Please do not support this, it is not an actual part of lgbtq+. Transphobic people made it up, educate those around you and yourself if you support this movement.

•97%/all men - if you do not know what this is referring to, its referring to how many women have been sexually assaulted. While I have heard rumors that's its actually not that high, that shouldn't matter becuase it's definitely not 0%. The all men thing is referring too how women have to be cautious of ALL men becuase at any moment men can turn on them and assault them. Better to be safe than sorry.

Like i said earlier if yall would like me to link some ways you can help let me know and I'll find some petitions or organizations and let yall know!!