chapter 8 (edited)

After we finish breakfast we head over to Becketts' house

After we finish breakfast we head over to Becketts' house. Over breakfast, he had forced me to interact with him, and somewhere along the way, I had gotten much more comfortable around him. Not comfortable enough to be intimate but comfortable enough to consider him a possible friend if this whole thing doesn't work out. We had even talked about any lingering doubts I still had. Which leads us to now.

"Beckett please hurry I can't hold it in much longer," I say squirming around, squeezing my legs together. Beckett just chuckles as he struggles to put the stupid thing in the hole. "I told you to go to the restaurant before we left but you didn't listen." Finally, he manages to put the key in, and as soon as he opened the door I was pushing past him inside the house.

Running down the hallway to the left I suddenly realized that I didn't actually know where the bathroom is. "BECKETT I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE BATHROOM IS!"  Instead of helping me, all Beckett does is laugh.

Coming down the hallway I was waiting in he walks towards me "Come I'll show you, you went the opposite way by the way." He says still laughing a little. We walk back towards the front door and go down the hallway on the right. Walking further down the hallway he stops at a door on the left. "This is it. I'll be in the living room we need to have a talk."

Talk? Usually, that means something bad. I didn't have time to think about it though as my bladder couldn't wait. Not bothering to be polite I turn around and slam the door shut and immediately pull my pants down. Finishing my business I pull my pants back up and wash my hands before going back towards where I think the living room is.

Beckett's house reminded me of those big old homes that are always haunted in horror movies. Like those old victorian homes, you know? Turning the corner I find Beckett sitting on the couch scrolling on his phone. Taking a seat on the couch opposite of him I catch his attention, "Hey." Looking up from his phone he puts it down next to him. "What did you want to talk about?"

 "Did I do something wrong?" I asked thinking what we would need to talk about.  

He shakes his head. "No, I just need to know some things that'll help you be comfortable when you stay here." 

"Oh ok like what?" I say making myself more comfortable on the seat now that I knew I wasn't in trouble. "Well, I need to know if your allergic to anything, some food you would like to eat whenever you say over here, and whatever else you need to make your stay here comfortable. It's important that you feel comfortable in my home or just around me in general or else this," he gestures between us, "won't work"

This puts a huge smile on my face. Sometimes around other friends or past partners, they wouldn't care as much for my comfort as Beckett seems to. "Ok I understand, thank you for wanting me to be comfortable. Also, I can make you a list because I'm allergic to a lot of things actually." Beckett had also told me while we were eating that communication is key which I loved and so far it's been working.

"And before I forget, at the end of the week ill pay you $5,000. Is that enough or do you need more?" If I were drinking something I would've spat it out. $5,000?!?! That's more than my rent for the apartment! "That's way too much you can just give me a $1000 or even $100," I tell him in hopes he'll lower it. I always felt bad when people spent money on me, even as little as 5 dollars.

"No, I like spoiling my subs and you will be no exception so get used to it." I just stare back at him not knowing what to say.  I hadn't even known what I was going to do with the money yet, it's not like I need it. actually, I forgot I would even be getting money in the first place.

"Alright, I have some work to finish up though so I'll show you to your room and you can freshen up or explore, doesn't matter you can even take a nap and I'll wake you up when I'm done with work" He stands up from his seat and walks to me then he grabs my hand before dragging me to the stairs in the left corner of the room.

Walking up to stairs I almost died, while it was most likely only twenty steps it felt like a hundred to me. By the time we got upstairs, I was out of breath. Wow, I really needed to start working out more. Beckett kept leading me around upstairs until we stopped outside a room. Opening the door I see my bag of stuff I brought on top of a bed. "This is your room, usually you would be staying with me but because you are new to this you can have your own for now."

Stepping inside I see it's just a simple room with a bed, dresser, and some painted pictures hung up on the wall. Looking back at Beckett, "Thanks, also I think I'll take a nap if that's okay?"

"Yeah like I said doesn't matter, I'll be in my office which is the door all the way at the end of the hallway if you need anything just come in and let me know," walking out of the room Beckett closes the door behind him leaving me on my own.

Walking over to the bed I face plant into it. Who would've thought I, Toby Castro, would be in this situation right now. I can't say I didn't like it though. Beckett was nice enough that I could actually see this maybe working. A big maybe, but still a maybe nonetheless.

Sitting up I push off my shoes and take off my jeans leaving my shirt on and dive under the covers of the bed.

When I woke up the first thing I noticed was that someone was running their finger through my hair. It felt good. Really good. My hair was curly so most people would pull on the curls and let go to watch them bounce back into a curl, instead of actually running my finger through them. Cracking open my eyes I see Beckett smiling down at me.

"Hey, I was just coming to wake you up to ask if you wanted to go to the store with me before it gets too late." He goes to take away his hand but I whine and grab his hand forcing him to keep his hand in my hair. He doesn't seem to mind though as all he does is chuckle and keep moving his hand through my curls.

"I know it feels good baby, but I need an answer or else we'll have to go tomorrow instead and I'd prefer to get it over with." looking past Beckett I see that the sky is an orange-pink color meaning night is about to on Its way.

Wait. He called me baby. I've been called love, darling, and honey (gag) before but never baby. I always thought it was cringy. Yet here I was blushing.

"Ok, let me get dressed and we can go," I say moving away from his hand. Beckett leaves the room so I could get ready. Seeing as I didn't bring any clothes I just put on the pants I was wearing earlier.

Sliding on my shoes I leave the room, closing the door behind me.

A/N - hey guys I had this done yesterday I promise and I thought I hit publish but I guess I hit save instead😀. Anywayss hope yall enjoyed this chapter i tried to make it longer than usual, see you next chapter!!