Chapter 21

"What the fuck." was the first thing that came out of my mouth. I was still standing there looking over at Lee's body. I was in shock. Is he getting bullied at school? Do our parents know? So many thoughts were running across my mind. Reaching over the wake him up so I could ask him what was going on, Beckett stopped me. "He needs rest let him be, you can talk to him when he wakes up."

Knowing he was right I brought my hand back to my side and decided to call my parents to find out what was going on. Stepping out into the hallway and down back to Beckett's room I go to grab my phone only to remember I had it on when I went into the pool and it most likely didn't make it out alive. Turning around to go ask someone if I could borrow their phone instead, I end up bumping into someone's chest.

Taking a step back it's Beckett, I was too lost in my thoughts so I hadn't realized he followed me. "Sorry."

Shaking his head as dismissal, "Are you okay?"

I take a deep breath "I'm fine I was going to call my parents but my phone was on me when you know  I jumped into the pool." he lets out an ah of informant before digging into his pocket and taking out his phone "Here, use mine."

taking it with a grateful nod and sitting down on the bed I punch in my mom's number and put it up to my ear.

"Martha speaking. Who is this?" Rolling my eyes at the sound of her voice I want to already hang up on her but I keep my cool for Lee. "It's Toby. We need to talk about Lee"

"Lee? What trouble did he cause this time." Trouble? Lee was an angel I thought to myself.

"Nothing actually, but uh I saw bruises on his body. Not the kind you get from accidents either. Do you know where he got them? why wasn't I informed about them?"

"Oh, those. Yes, the maids I hired to watch after him teach him some discipline too. Hopefully he won't turn out like you did seeing as we didn't discipline you enough." By now I was seething. She knew about the bruises and continued to let them happen! 

"Discipline? What type of discipline? Are you telling me you're allowing someone to hit Lee!"

"Look Toby I don't have time for this. This will be good for Lee. You just got to trust the process. I have to go now, talk to father about it if you want." Typical. Always having someone else do her dirty work not caring who gets hurt. I was fuming and was going to take it out on her but she hung up before I could. I could feel Beckett watching me while I sit there as if I was frozen in time.

"You okay?"

Plastering on a smile I finally face him. "Yes sorry for this, especially when you had guests over."

His eyes narrowed before making his way towards me. Stopping in front of me he grabs my chin and forces me to look him in the eye. "Don't lie to me, you know it's one of the rules don't make me punish you so soon."

Sighing I close my eyes to save myself from looking into his intense eyes. I can not be getting hard right now especially with what's happening. "I'm sorry everything is just complicated right now," I say telling the truth this time

Opening my eyes again I see him nod his head before contemplating something in his head. "You and Lee are welcomed to stay with me as long as yall need to, I won't mind."

My jaw drops as I stand up, which caused us to be chest to chest. "Oh no I don't want to intrude, you already let me keep cookie, and having a kid around here gets noisy."

"I wouldn't have offered if I didn't know that. I won't take no for an answer" sighing in defeat it's just now that I realize the tension that was caused by us being close. Looking up at Beckett I see something in his eyes, something I haven't seen before from him.

He leaned in slowly eyes not straying from mine. Eventually, our lips met.

A/N- this is literally the shortest chapter I've ever written but it's okay lol