Chapter 13

Later, I woke up to something moving on top of me. I opened my eyes forgetting where I was for a second. Oh god. I can't believe that actually happened. The worst part is we're not even official, and I've never been the type to do stuff with someone else unless we were official. I was distracted from my thoughts by something moving underneath the covers that I was currently snuggled into.

My mind went blank, scared of what was under there. What if it's a bug? Or a ghost? I don't even believe in ghosts but you can't be too sure. Gathering some courage I grip the covers tightly before yanking them off. "AHHHHH"

"Cookie! What the hell you scared the shit out of me." I said while grabbing her and talking as if she could understand me. Putting her down beside me I sit up on the bed. I wasn't sure what to do as this was all new to me.

Deciding on just to sit here until Beckett got here I looked around the room. I've never been in here, granted I've only been here for like a day, but it was fairly big. The walls were a nice shade of grey and had black and white furniture to accentuate them. There was also a bunch of photos on the wall, of who I'm assuming were his family or close friends. Too busy looking around the room I didn't notice when the door opened.

"I see you're already up," Beckett calls out startling me. Looking up at him, what happened between us flashes between my eyes causing me to flush a deep red.

"How are you feeling?" I pull my legs up to my chest and wrap my arms around them so I'm in a ball-like position. It was then that I realized the clothes I was wearing weren't mine. "Um, I'm feeling fine thanks," I say softly.

"Cmon let's go get some food into you, you haven't eaten all day and it's already the afternoon." As if it was waiting for food to be brought up my stomach let out a loud rumble that had me flushing red again.

Getting off of the bed I suddenly realize how cold it is without any blankets covering me. "Um, can I borrow some sweatpants?" I asked fidgeting with the hem of the hoodie I had on.

Instead of answering, Beckett walks from his place at the door and goes to another door I didn't see before. Walking past the doorway of the door he just opened I hear Beckett shuffle around before coming out with some grey sweatpants. He walks over to me before handing me them. "Here. They might be too big, but freshen up and come down to the kitchen when you're done."

Before I could thank him for the sweatpants Beckett had already turned around and left, closing the door softly behind him.

When I finally made my way to the kitchen, Beckett had his back to me while looking through his pantry. Looking away before I could get too distracted with the way his back muscles moved with his arms, I made my way to the kitchen island and took a seat while waiting for something I could do. Turning away from the pantry Beckett turned to me instead, "you're not allergic to cinnamon are you? I'm making some oatmeal since we missed breakfast." He asks while scanning my body from where I sat.

"No, I love cinnamon," I responded before looking down at my body to see if anything was wrong with how I looked. It didn't look like anything was wrong besides the fact that the clothes I was wearing were two sizes too big for me. Dismissing it as nothing I asked if I could do anything to help. "I'm not good at cooking or anything but I do know how to at least do the simple things."

"No it's ok, why don't you go in the living room and play with Cookie, make sure to give her some fresh food and water too. I'll let you know when the food is done."

Walking out the kitchen and into the living room, I immediately spot cookie bathing in the sun on the window sill again. I make my way over to her and start giving her some love. I picked her up and sat down on the couch with her in my lap. I wanted to play with her or at least cuddle but instead, she got comfortable and fell asleep right then and there on my lap.