Chapter 14

The next day I woke up with a smile on my face. Yesterday had ended on a good note.

After we finished watching our movie I had filled out most of the packet. I didn't know what I liked for aftercare so Beckett told me he would help me figure it out. After that, I left his office to go play with Cookie. Luckily this time she seemed more interested in me than sleeping. For the rest of the day, I lazed around the house and for once just fully relaxed.

Sitting up in bed I glanced at the clock on the bedstand beside me. It was currently 8 am and I had to get ready for college. My classes didn't start till 10 today but I didn't feel like rushing to get ready on time today. Leaving my room and going into the bathroom I get ready to take a shower. Today was going to be a good day, I thought as I stepped into the shower.

I took a nice long shower, letting the hot water soothe my body as I washed my hair. I used the soap that was already in the shower, which smelt really good but grabbed an extra clean rag I found under the sink to wash off.

Stepping out of the shower when I start to feel lightheaded from all the hot steam in the small space, I wrap a towel around me and open the bathroom door watching as steam follows me out into my bedroom. Deciding on just wearing simple jeans and a t-shirt as I only had 3 classes today, I shrug them on before walking to the kitchen.

I wasn't as hungry this morning so I decided on some cereal and toast after. I went to go look for Beckett, as he was my ride to school for today, and found him waiting by the front door. "Come on, your bag is still in my car."

The car ride wasn't that interesting. Occasionally Beckett would ask me questions related to school such as "How are your grades?" or "What are you majoring in?" And other things like that. It was nice, I could tell he was just curious and not doing it because he was bored or wanted to get rid of the silence.

We pulled up to the front of the school where Beckett parked the car and sat back in his seat and looked at me. "Have a good day, I'll be here to pick you up just text me in advance when your classes end." He kisses me on my forehead and the next thing I know I'm sitting in class waiting for it to end.

Finally, after what felt like forever it was lunchtime. Today I was meeting up with Kyle and Riley and going to eat at a nearby restaurant. Making my way to the front of the college where we were all meeting up I keep my eye out to see if I could spot either of them.

Making it out to the front of the school I start to think they forgot about it as I scan the yard and find neither of them. Then I hear the loud obnoxious honking of Riley's car. I'm not exactly sure what happened to it but their car did not make a normal honking sound. Instead, it made a sound that could imitate a deflating balloon. Walking up to the car I open the door to the backseat and climb in.

"Hey, thought yall forgot about it for a second. We ready to go?" I ask as I put on my seatbelt. Instead of them answering they both look back at me with huge grins.

"Does it look like he got laid?" Kyle asked.

"No, but he definitely got something," Riley replied. Covering my cheeks so they wouldn't see how red they got I let my mouth hang open. I was never the one to feel comfortable talking about sex with friends no matter how close we were, it was just private for me.

"Why would yall bring this up I just want to go get some food guys." I groan knowing they aren't just going to give it up just like that.

"Cmon tell us all the deets. Is he big? Is he nice? How much is he paying you?" Kyle begged. I didn't even know the answer to the first one. And I hadn't decided if he was nice or mean yet. He was kind of a mixture of both, which I liked. Ignoring his question I asked my own instead. "I'm really hungry can't we go now?"

Instead of them giving in to my plea they kept pestering me. So I gave up and told them. Not everything of course because that would be the end of me. But small details like Cookie and how great the food Beckett makes is. They seemed satisfied with that and after a while, we made our way to the restaurant. We had to have a quick lunch since those two morons waited so long to leave but I had fun nonetheless.

Now it was time for Beckett to pick me up. He explained he might be a couple of minutes late but that was fine as I had to go to the library and turn some books in I had checked out last week. Looking down at my phone when I got a text from Beckett saying he's here I tell the librarian to have a good day and left.

When I get in the car there's no music playing nor was the car on. Beckett must've sensed my confusion because he turned towards me and took a deep breath before speaking. "I need to know if you would like to continue this. Our relationship I mean. You don't have to give me your answer now but I would like one by tomorrow. Not trying to say this to sway your decision but if you say no I understand and I enjoyed the couple of days we've had so far. This is up to you please don't let me or anyone else decide for you." 

Wow, I thought. I honestly hadn't put much thought into whether I wanted to keep this going or not. I didn't even want to think about it now and I think becket could sense that as he once again started talking. "How about to we to this fair the next town over. I've heard good things about it wanna check it out?" 

I instantly brightened up. I loved fairs so much. I never really got to go when I was younger so every time I went now as an adult it always made me feel like a child again. "yes please, I love going to fairs" I said barely containing my excitement.

Nodding, Beckett starts up the car and pulls out the school's parking lot. "It's about an hour's drive why don't you do some homework so you don't have to worry about it later." It sounded like a question but I knew it was more of a demand. Not wanting to ruin the happy mood I had I complied and pulled out my laptop and start working.

An hour later and we were pulling up to fair. I could see all the bright light and smell food from the stands from inside the car. As soon as Beckett had parked I jumped out of the car waiting for becket to get out too. I was practically bouncing in my spot as a little kid while I waited for Beckett. when he finally came out I noticed he was laughing at me. Glad I could be of amusement I guess. "Come let's go buy some tickets and something to eat."

instead of voicing how I wanted to go on the rides and play the games instead of eating, I let him pull me close with his arm around my shoulder and lead us to the ticket booth first. I Knew it, I thought as I stood beside Beckett while he got us tickets, today is going to be a good day. 

By the time we left the fair both of my arms were full of prizes, Beckett won for me. Turns out, I can't win carnival games to save my life. One of my favorites that Beckett won, would have to be this gigantic penguin that Beckett had to carry for me. It was super soft and cuddly and came up to my waist. It was around nine-thirty and we still had to drive the hour back home. 

Now sitting in the car with my head leaning against the window and eyes closed, I thought of what's happened so far. All of it I liked a lot and it's honestly been kinda fun, although Beckett is kinda standoffish the more time we seem to spend together the more he seems to let down the cold front he seems to have. I think I have my answer I thought as I drift off to sleep.

A/N- Hey guys, this chapter sucks but I just wanted to get a chapter out for yall. It's finally summer which means I can upload chapters faster! Anyways hope yall liked this chapter and see you in the next one!