Chapter 1

___

The 20 year old is nervous as she sits across from the marble desk on the plush grey couch, legs crossed and waiting for her boss to finish speaking on the phone.
she is not scared, but rather intimated. you see the young man has earned success, fame and wealth quicky, so she knows he's the kind to get what he wants when he sets his mind to it.

she looks at her own reflection in the tall glass windows across from her. tucking a long stray of her black straight hair behind her ear, her eyes focus back on the flickering city lights, the cars looking like small ants from way up here. she wonders how and when did she get up here? and after everything is she willing to go any higher?

"so?"

she's snapped out of her thoughts by the sound of the 27 year old's deep voice.

"are you free for dinner tonight? i have to discuss somethings with you" the young man says without giving her even as much as a glance, busy signing papers on the desk.

"i have to go to the studio very early tomorrow morning and coach Kim said i have to rest my voice" she declares politely as she nervously pats the back of her hand with the other.

He puts down his pen and runs a hand through his silver hair with a smirk.
"then i'll do the talking" he offers her a charming smile and laces his fingers on the table.

she blinks fast and chews the inside of her lip. it's the third time this week that he's invited her to dinner, she'd dodged it a couple of times but he's been insistent about it. and to be honest she can't come up with a reason to not want to go.

she's kind of curious to see The Min Yoongi everyone's so scared of, up close and personal maybe? but that's not what she's gonna get and she doesn't know it yet.

"alright!" she says that in such low voice it almost sounds like a small sigh. but still he catches it and immediately gets up. picking up his black coat from the coach next to her he suits up in front of the windows. he lets out a long sigh looking down at the city he once resented so much but now rules over.

he turns around just to see the young girl's eyes fixed on the untouched cup of coffee in front of her. he senses her uneasiness and decides to ease her out of her trance so he takes a step closer. looking down at her as he pushes back his coat and slides his hands in his pockets, presenting his way taller frame compared to her, he lowers his voice.

"Ms Lee?"

She looks around hurriedly and then focuses back on his face "um- i'm sorry what?"
"shall we?" he points with his head at the door, offering her yet another soft smile and she wonders why are people so afraid of him?
"of course." she gets up and they both start towards the door.

"he does have a bit of an intense aura around him but so far he's been tolerable" she thinks to herself but not for too long.

"after you." he holds the door open and she politely nods while steping out.
The moment they're out of the room everything about him switches.
"this way" he leads the way as employees and personnel scatter to the sides, bowing to say hello or just simply getting out of the way. the warm smile is gone and replaced with a stone cold face and to every corner they step foot in all falls silent. they await the elevator and neither of them says a word. she can feel her heart beat a bit faster as the silence around them grows deeper.

As she's standing behind him and he can't look her in the eyes she can focus on his details easier. the way he's dressed in all fashionable black speaks of his exquisite taste. although he's not facing her but his broad shoulders and the clean cut at his nape is enough to make her gulp.

and then she's suddenly well aware of the fact that he's been staring at her this whole time in the reflection of the glass elevator door.
the tip of her fingers are cold but she feels her palms getting sweatier so she buries them further in her coat that she's been holding averting her gaze to the floor.

once again he senses her discomfort and turns to say something, but just then two loud voices cut through the silence.

"Aah Min PD nim!"

both of them turn in time towards the voices to see two stylish men walking towards them.
"Namjoonah!" the CEO says and looks a bit frustrated.
the two men stop a few steps away. Yoongi takes his right hand out of his pocket and gestures towards the young girl.

"gentlemen, this is Ms Lee Soojin, the new addition to our team" he then turns towards the tall young man infront of them "this is Kim Namjoon. you might also know him as RM" he says as he looks down at the floor.

"of course, Hello Mr Kim, it's nice to meet you in person" she smiles politely but excitedly bows.
"Likewise Ms Lee" Namjoon offers her a beautiful smile and his warmth runs deeper than the dimple along his cheek.

Yoongi then turns toward the other man who's standing next to her "and I think you've already met Jung Hoseok"
"oh yes, we met in rehearsals yesterday. Mr Jung, it's nice to see you again" she smiles and nods politely.

Hoseok smiles and waves his hand but gives her a pat on the shoulder "just Hoseok is alright. after all we've seen each other all sweaty and at our worst" he giggles warmly, she also lets out a small laugh hanging her head shyly and Yoongi can't help but stare in between them with a puzzled look.

ding!

just then the elevator door opens and the 4 of them walk in.
an awkward silence settles in the air and in an attempt to break it Namjoon clears his throat "are you guys headed somewhere?"
Yoongi who's standing at the front looks over his shoulder. "yes, we're going to dinner"

Hoseok looks between the girl and his friend brow raised. Yoongi catches his reflection in the glass door and adds "to discuss her future in the company further"
"I don't remember you treating us to dinner when we signed off." Namjoon says in a rather ironic tone.

Yoongi looks over his shoulder again to glare at him but just to see Soojin looking down at the elevator floor where she stands behind Namjoon. he doesn't wanna put the girl in an awkward position but he knows he will never hear the end of it from his two friends if he doesn't say something now. and maybe it will take the visible pressure off of her a little knowing that they won't be alone. which is the exact opposite of what yoongi had in mind.

he enhales and gathers all his pride in his chest just to exhale it all away with the next words he's about to speak.
"then why don't you guys join us?"

he just stares blankly at the door cursing himself in his head.

___