Chapter 2

___

The next couple of days after the group ended up having dinner together goes by quickly and uneventful. everyone's back to their routines.
the rehearsal studio is filled with dancers warming up, stretching or talking in each corner.

Soojin sets down her bag in one corner and starts taking off her shoes. She looks around at all the new faces around her and she remembers how Yoongi had said she was "the new member of their team" yet she doesn't feel welcomed or even seen for that matter. as she's lost in her thoughts toying with her shoe laces when she hears a high pitched voice from her left.

"ahhh Soojinah, how are you today??"

she looks up to see a cheery Hoseok looking down at her and at the sight of the warm familiar face she smiles widely and jumps to her feet.

"ahh Hoseok! i'm so much better now that I see a familiar face!" she extends her hand and Hoseok enthusiastically clasps it and pulls her in.
"Are you ready to show them how it's done?"
He gestures towards the other dancers and then crosses his arms.
"why me?" she questions with a confused look on her face.
Hoseok turns to her, brows raised "cause you sweeped the floor with everyone last session! so I chose you to take the lead today"

She looks around the room to all the people who are too busy with their own practices to mind her. She's not insecure about herself, but she's been crushed under other people's insecurities too many times, so she's scared and Hoseok can see right through her glassy eyes.
He gives her shoulder an encouraging squeeze "I believe you can do it" she looks up and he smiles and then walks away towards the amplifier at the end of the big room to start the music.

She stands there for a few more seconds contemplating her choices but at the end through a long exhale she decides she's gonna do it.

She turns toward the mirrored walls and pulls her sweater off, and adjusts the black sports bra she wore underneath. pulling at the hem of her black sweatpants she looks up at her face. her cheeks are flushed pink, either she's overwhelmed from the commotion in the room or just really nervous.

She turns around and walks toward Hoseok to decide on the music together. but as she nears the main entrance of the room the door swings open forcing her to stop in her tracks.

She looks up just to come face to face with a very serious looking Min Yoongi.

the chatter all around the room dies down as everyone in the room notices his presence.
But Yoongi just stands there in the door frame eyes fixed on Soojin.
He takes in her sight patiently, eyes roaming her half exposed pale skin which shines brighter dressed in all his favorite color, black. and she doesn't even flinch.

With her long silky hair tied up, he's now focused on her face, her pink plumped lips are like nothing he's seen before and just realizing now that her eyes are a sheer shade of honey brown.

While he's busy taking notes of her unique beauty on the other hand she stands there feeling exposed like she's under a magnifying glass.

"Hyung!"

at the sound of Hoseok approaching Yoongi's snapped back to reality and immediately averts his gaze from Soojin.

"ah Hoseok!" Yoongi puts the composed poker face on again, but for some reason he can feel his heart beat a little faster than usual.

"Why are you here Hyung? Is everything okay?"
Hoseok asks his boss-friend.

"HR is doing their annual monitoring of each department and I decided to personally pay a visit to each floor beforehand" and he doesn't even blink through that lie!

"ahhh that's good, we were just about to start practice" Hoseok smiles at Soojin who's still not moving and gestures for her to go at the front of the crowd.
She feels 10 times more anxious than before but she's a professional and when it comes to performing she knows she was born to do it.

She nods and walks away and at her departure Yoongi closes the door moving further inside the room and with each step, like a drop of soap in the mixture of water and oil, the other performers bow to say hello as they move further away from him.

Soojin takes her hair tie out and Yoongi can't help but stare at her toned arms stretch at the simple movement.

She looks in the mirror behind her at the room of people tucked to one side, and Yoongi standing alone on the other side eyes fixed on her. For a moment she feels something for him but she brushes it off as empathy.

He pushes his sleeves up and leans back against the amplifier next to Hoseok who just then cues Soojin in.
"3..2..1"
She inhales and her chest rises. The music starts and to Yoongi's surprise it's a piano ballad.

He carefully watches as she straightens her leg out and raises her right hand above her head just in time with the first note and follows her movements from there.

He's mesmerized at how she moves with such ease as if her body is singing over the instrumental. The chorus of the song arrives, the notes go higher and so does she as she takes a jump and gracefully spins.
Her hair falling down around her like a waterfall once she lands only to turn her landing into the next move.

it's just then that Yoongi recognizes the song as one of his own. his heart races at the realization and he can't stop his eyes from wanting to see more of her.

From where he's standing, the room is dark and empty, it's only her dancing gracefully in the middle and him tucked away in the shadows.
The spotlight hits her curves and as she throws her head back in time with the last note, her hair falls to her sides and her chest rises and falls with each breath, the light casts a shadow around her collarbone and Yoongi sees details he's never seen before.

it's in that moment he realizes, somewhat dumbfoundedly, that he absolutely likes the girl.

___