Chapter 4

____

after showering in the locker rooms, she changes into her jeans and pulls up her boots. Running a dry towel over her wet hair she looks back at the reflection of the clock on the wall behind her, but at the thought of her dinner with her boss she quickly looks away. as if not knowing the time will change anything.

She throws on her black turtle neck and gathers her stuff grabbing her long coat and bag and heads out the door.

Yoongi looks at the clock in front of him, showing 8pm! tapping his pen rapidly on the desk as he stares at the door.

"is she not coming?"

he mumbles under his breath agitatedly. he gets up from his seat and puts his coat on. with a sudden sting in his chest he bring up his hand to press against it, thinking he's either going mad or is really really sick! he paces the room a few more minutes before he runs out of patience and literally out of the room.

he pulls the door open aggressively at his frustration, just to find Soojin standing on the other side fist up mid air. like she was about to knock.
Once again Yoongi freezes at the sight of her. freshed face, cheeks blushed, and all bundled up in her black coat.

"We really have to stop meeting like this!" she says and tries to hide a smile but fails and just covers her mouth with her hand looking at the floor.

Yoongi can't help but let out a small laugh and close the door behind him as he steps out. all the worry and frustration seems to be washed off at the little comment the young girl just made, which Yoongi finds adorable unlike anything he's ever heard. and now all of that is replaced with a warmth and a tingle at the pit of his stomach. but still he doesn't let it take over him.

She steps away as he closes the door and gestures for her to lead the way.

"you should go home now Lea Ann" Yoongi says to the young girl behind the secretary desk that they pass by without even making eye contact.
The girl suddenly jumps to her feet and bows. "Have a safe drive Mr Min"

The drive to the restaurant was rather quiet, except for Yoongi making two failed attempts at trying to make conversation which left him rather frustrated. He does not like to fail nor he's ever had trouble sweeping a girl off her feet. But he just realizes now that it's the first time he's trying to make conversation rather than just making someone swoon over him.

as he passes the car keys to the valley he notices Soojin's still wet hair as it shines underneath the streetlight. he asks the valley to hold back a second as he opens the back door and grabs something.
She stands in front of the doors hands in her pockets. the tip of her nose a rosey pink shade as she sniffs and pushes her hands further in.

as the valley drives the car away Yoongi comes into her view, walking towards her while holding something in his hand.

She clears her throat in the cold air, fidgeting from one foot to another.
"shall we go insi-"
but her voice is cut short as Yoongi reaches her and suddenly drops something around her shoulder. She stands still and a bit stiff at the sudden act while he wraps a warm fluffy scarf around her.

"You should've dried your hair" he says in a low tone making his deep voice sound even deeper. she feels butterflies at the words leaving his mouth but yet she can't make sense of why such a simple suggestion is making her blush.

Suddenly they're both aware of how close to each other they're standing, maybe less than a step away? So she takes a step back and he gestures towards the door, averting each other's eyes.

As they wait for the food to arrive, he looks over the table to notice that she's overwhelmed by the sight around her. This restaurant might just be the best she's ever been to. they're sitting tucked away at the end of the big room by the glass windows over looking a lake.
she looks around taking in the glittering of the dim lights and he patiently studies her sparkling wandering eyes.