Chapter 14

____

When in peace, time goes by so fast. the clock runs and runs, till trouble finds you. and then it doesn't slow down but completely stops. making you stare at your surroundings and take in all that's happening. unable to move.

•••

"Hyung! what are you doing home? isn't tomorrow your release date? shouldn't you be neck deep in your studio avoiding every living creature on earth?" Hoseok asks sarcastically as he puts two bags of take out on the rapper's kitchen isle.

"i should change the password" Yoongi says with one eye closed before dragging his feet to the kitchen floor and inspecting the bags of food his friend brought over.

"i didn't know you'd be home, i was coming to see Soojin, but it's more than for two." Hoseok takes his red shades off, along with his coat putting them on the counter. he then takes a few plates and bowls out one of the cabinets. he carefully plates all the delicious food he brought over, then gestures the older one to come sit at the table.

"could you get me a beer?" Yoongi requests before sitting down and putting a slice of kimbap in his mouth. as Hoseok opens the fridge, Soojin enters the kitchen. hair in a messy bun, wearing a baggy blue long sleeve, and a set of pink sweatpants. she looks between the two men that are looking at her oddly.

"it's snowing outside" She points with her sweaterpaws to the giant window behind the sink. Yoongi turns around and looks at the sky, just now realizing the weather before turning back to his food.

Hoseok puts the beer next to him before turning to Soojin.
"and is that why you're wearing that?" he gestures at her outfit giving her a questionable look.
"ugh, i know! i look hideous!" she slumps down on a chair opposed to Yoongi "i think i have to go home and get a change of clothes today, that night we were in such a rush i didn't grab many things"

Yoongi stops eating and looks up at her. his expression unreadable "okay" after a moment he goes back to eating. she grabs her chopsticks and joins him. Hoseok looks between the two, leaning on the fridge. from Soojin to Yoongi. from Yoongi to Soojin. and then again.

"something's happened here" He suspiciously says.
"where?" Soojin asks as she slurps her noodles up.

"between you two"

the pair stop eating and turn to look at Hoseok who gives them a cocky smile. Soojin feels a slight blush glowing over her skin but she ignores it.
"why would you think that?" Yoongi casually asks, before gulping his beer, as if nothing's really happened.

"cause there's no tension like before. the tension's been released i believe" Hoseok makes a dramatic gesture with his hands as if the "tension" is flying away and Soojin can't help but laugh almost choking on her bite.

"nothing's happened" Yoongi says in a stern tone, grabbing his plate and flinging it in the sink with a loud sound before walking out the kitchen.

as soon as he's gone Hoseok wide eyed turns to a surprised looking Soojin.
"so what happened? what's wrong with him?" he asks eagerly stuffing his mouth with fresh dumplings.
"nothing. really" Soojin says putting her noodle bowl down.
"but i don't know why he's like that" she raises her brows feeling self concious before going to the sink and washing hers and his plates.

"maybe he's upset about last night?" as the thought crosses her mind, for a moment Soojin thinks about how she really doesn't know much about Yoongi, except for his public image, and how he's been caring for her without any expectations and she feels guilty to her core. but she knows Hoseok is one of the closest people to him, and he probably knows things nobody else does. so in hopes of finding some answers she confides in him.