Chapter 6

____

Yoongi walks in the kitchen hurriedly and grabs Hoseok by the arm.
"hey, hey, i need to talk to you."

Hoseok lets out a shriek at his tight grip "first, OW!" at the sound he releases the younger's arm. "and second, jeez you've had a lot to drink!" he squints at Yoongi but at the sight of his distress apologizes to his guest and guides Yoongi away.

They stop at the end of the hall by Hoseok's bedroom door.
"What is it? you seem pretty upset!" Hoseok asks his friend while sipping his drink.

"Has Soojin told you anything about a stalker or something?" he paces around the hallway.
"um no not that i know of" Hoseok replies thoughtfully looking at the floor.
"why hyung?" He asks the older one who agitatedly chews his lower lip.

"Has she.." Yoongi collects himself and puts his hand on Hoseok's shoulder to steady himself as his next words seem to be taking everything in him to ask.

"Has she mentioned a...boyfriend or something?" he looks up and Hoseok can see that the vulnerability has reached his friend's eyes now, which is unlike him.

"no she hasn't? but why don't you lay back on the drinks for now" Hoseok tentativly pats his arm and in return Yoongi snatches the drink out of his hand and downs it in one gulp.

Hoseok takes the glass out of his hand a little too late shaking his head "Yoongi i don't know what you're going through right now, but alcohol is not the answer for you, and you know better than that"

Yoongi lets out a shakey laugh running a hand through his face, before walking back towards the party like he didn't even hear Hoseok's last words.
"Yoongi!" Hoseok calls out but he's far gone.

Yoongi goes back to the couch and at the sight of the empty seat his heartbeat picks up a pace. He turns around and searches the crowd for Soojin, but she's nowhere to be found. he runs up to Namjoon who's munching on the appetizers.

"Where's Soojin?"
"she just left. why?" Namjoon asks all confused.
"What??? And You Just Let Her??" Yoongi almost shouts.
"i'm sorry i don't own the girl" Namjoon throws his hands up.

Hoseok comes out of the kitchen holding a bottle of water.
"Yoongi please drink this."
Yoongi looks between his only two friends, fearing how their responses sound nothing like what he wants to hear.

He pulls his jacket on and stumbles on the doorframe as he steps out the apartment.
"Yoongi where are you going?"
"Hyung you're not in a good state right now"
his friends plead but by the time they get to him, he's already gone.

His chest feels heavy as he rushes out of the building. he stops at the curb and looks to both sides in hopes of seeing her around. but nothing. vaguely remembering her address from before he runs to right by instinct.

as he passes each street light and no sight of her he feels more and more hopeless. Defeated he slows down as he turns a corner but just to see a familiar figure a few feet down the road.

"Soojin!" he shouts and at the sound of her name the young girl turns around. shocked.
he starts walking towards her, taking each step carefully as he feels the rush of the run and the alcohol taking over him.

"Mr..Min?" She looks at him with wide eyes.
"what's going on?"

he stops barely a step away from her.
Her heart drops at the sudden closeness but she stands still in her tracks.
Yoongi stares her down and to his surprise she keeps the gaze intensly.

"please tell me who called you?" he slowly asks and despite the wave of emotions taking over him, he manages to keep a straight face.

Soojin is suddenly well aware of how drunk he is and the question brings up a lot for her that she can't and won't unload on the side of some street. so she takes a step back.

"Mr Min...you ran all the way here..to ask me that?" She frowns.
"yes!" he says it with such confidence as if it makes sense.

She knows he's just saying that cause he's drunk but still it warms her inside and she can't help but remember Hoseok's words "i think he likes you".
She shakes her head as if shaking off the unnecessary thought.

"Mr Min, you should go back. i'll talk to you on Monday." She turns to leave, fighting the urge to blurt it all out. but he's not giving up so easily.

"no!"

not aware of the boundaries he's overstepping, Yoongi proceeds further and once again takes her wrist, and this time he doesn't let go. at the sudden familiar touch all blood rushes to Soojin's cheeks and she turns to look at him, eye to eye, face inches away.

"why? why do you need to know so bad?"
something in her tone has shifted making Yoongi suddenly aware of the nerves he's set off. but he can't go back now, and more than that he doesn't want to.

"so i can fix it." he says with pleading eyes giving her wrist a gentle squeeze. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

Yoongi can't help but look at her long lashes almost pressed against her cheeks. with her eyes closed, her face is serene and all the sadness she normally wears is shed.

But when she opens them back up, there's nothing but sorrow inside as the weight of all that she's been through bares down on her.
She gently pushes his hand away and without another word turns around and disappears around the corner.

and Yoongi sees no choice but to retreat for the night.

•••

Soojin stops at the entrance of her building hastily putting the keys in when she suddenly hears a familiar voice. one she hasn't heard in years.

"why aren't you answering my calls?"

a shiver runs down her spine before pushing the door open and immediately running up to her apartment.

"no no. it can't be" She thinks to herself, panting, back pressed against the door.
She carefully gets close to the window and pushes a piece of the curtain away, but no one is there.

She hopes the voice was just a delusion or even a stalker, but just not Him.

____