Chapter 12

____

the door swings open making Yoongi and Soojin break apart in a flash.
"press interview in 10" not having a clue in the world, Manager Choi nods his head towards Soojin as two staff members come in and she turns back to Yoongi who looks between her and the middle aged manager.

"um i have to get changed" she says apologetically. but Yoongi just pats her arm "the world can have you now" he almost whispers so no one hears but her "i'll have you all to myself later" he gives her a mischievous smirk and she subtly pushes him away holding back a smile.

"Thank you Mr Min...for your support...always" she awkwardly almost shouts the words.

"of course, we are so glad you're a part of our family" Yoongi says laughing before leaving the room as he shakes his head.

"what family?" manager Choi asks dumbfoundedly.

•••

it's way passed working hours, almost everyone is back at their homes, dorms, or some are probably even asleep by now, but as usual, down in the practice room, Soojin is still hard at work. perfectly syncing every move with every beat.

For the past few days, the media's had its eyes fixed on her, article after article, interview after interview and shoot after shoot. she knows now that the success comes with the the magnifying glass of a world ready to tear you open and fix you up to their own desires.

The thoughts don't keep her from stopping her movements, but the sudden pause on the music makes her suddenly turn around just to see Yoongi standing by the amplifier.

"why did you do that?" She asks chest heaving, as glistening sweat runs from her jaw down her neck and chest.
"cause i've been calling you for the past 20 minutes" Yoongi looks at her expectantly as she walks towards him, handing her the phone, after unplugging it from the amplifire.

"well there's no cell service down here" she rubs the back of her neck wincing while gesturing around the room.
"you should go home" he says with a straight face.
"but i'm still not done" she replies before trying to plug her phone back in.

"but as your boss, i think you are." He raises an eyebrow and she squints.

"there is no need to overwork yourself Soojin, your mental and physical health is more important than you perfecting a performance" He says snatching the phone back.

"fine, i'll be up in a few" She sighs as she goes to grab her stuff from the corner.
"actually i'm not coming, but Mark's gonna take you" Yoongi says walking towards the door.
"that's hypocritical of you sir" Soojin looks at him in disbelief raising her brows.

despite finding her sass a bit amusing, Yoongi rolls his eyes as he holds the door open
"i'll leave after you. there are paparazzi everywhere now, I don't think it's a good idea for us to come and go together"

She feels a bit sad at that, but doesn't say anything else. she knows he's right and it's better for them not to.

"at least give me 10 to take a shower first" she asks slinging her bag over her shoulder
"sure" Yoongi says as they both leave the room.

after she's done, as they walk the corridors and go down in the elevator neither one says a word until they reach the deserted parking lot where, Mark, the familiar gaurd stands next to the SUV almost the same height as the vehicle. just as she's about to get in Yoongi grabs her by the arm and pulls her back. She jolts at the sudden touch.

He reaches out and slowly brings up the hood of her sweater over her wet hair. it's become quite a havit for him.
"lay low please" he says before taking a few steps back and letting her get in the car.