Chapter 5

____

The next two weeks after the pair had dinner go by in a blur. They barely see each other a couple of times around the building as Soojin is busy recording in the studios or practicing in rehearsal and Yoongi's producing or locked up in his office cursing at the world if something doesn't go according to his detailed plans.

But on the other hand Soojin and Hoseok have grown quite close. they've spent so much time during practices together that in the span of these two weeks they've even explored a couple of cafes around the building.

"it's not that i didn't like him, it's just that the guy had no sense of fashion" Hoseok says with a puzzled look and it makes Soojin laugh.

"and that's reason enough to dump someone??" she asks from over the table as she takes a sip of her warm latte.
Hoseok rolls his eyes as he leans over the table and lowers his voice to a whisper "i've dated many different people and THAT is always reason enough" he declares and makes a knowing face as he leans back in his seat.

Soojin just shakes her head smiling while picking up her gatherings from the seat next to her. "i have to get going Hoseokie, I have a ton of laundry waiting for me back at the apartment!" she says as she rises from her seat.
But Hoseok abruptly grabs her sleeve.
"wait wait! did i tell you about my party tomorrow night? it's a small gathering but it'll be fun so i really want you to be there!" he smiles so brightly she feels the flowers will most certainly bloom at the sight of him.

"i don't know! i'm not gonna know anyone there, and it's gonna be awkward!"
she shakes her head slightly.
"Namjoon will be there! you know him!"
He enthusiastically nods.

"what about.." she gives him a questioning look and he immediately understands.
"ahhh no Yoongi is not a party or a crowd person, he never comes to my parties. so don't worry about that" But what he doesn't know is that she's not worried if Yoongi will attend but worried if he will not.

still the girl doesn't show any trace of her inner conflictions and just smiles the thoughts away.
"alright then, text me your address"
she starts towards the door and gives Hoseok a wave over her shoulder.

•••

She stands behind the closed doors of the bathroom of Hoseok's apartment , listening to the sound of music and the loud conversations going around.

"so much for a small gathering!"

she sighs looking at her puffy eyes in the mirror she hopes the eyeshadow would do the trick and no one would notice. not that she thinks anyone would. She takes a deep breath running a hand through her hair, stepping out of the bathroom door and leaving her comfort zone behind.

She finds Hoseok in the kitchen talking to some guests. nobody that she knows. "you have such a beautiful place Hoseokie!"
she smiles and he returns it with a brighter one "ahhh thank you Soojinah, are you having fun?? did you get to know anyone?? ahh let me introduce you!" he speaks so fast she puts a hand on his arm and lets out a laugh "calm down Hoseok you're hyperventilating!"
he inhales a deep breath and exhales it through a laugh.

"it's alright, i'll get acquainted on my own, you have fun!" she smiles and leaves the kitchen.

Walking between people she doesn't know and don't know her, she looks around to find an opening, a low beat comes on through the speakers pushing her spirits a bit deeper than 6 feet low.

The open balcony door catches her eye and she makes a beeline towards it in hopes of no one being there. the moment she steps out, the cold night breeze splashes against her face like a handful of snow. she closes her eyes and breathes in the crisp air. freezing her doubts from within, even if it's for a moment. the wind blows and she feels goosebumps rise against the exposed skin between where her boots end and her tight skirt begins.
She wraps her arms around herself looking thoughtfully into the night.