Chapter 3

___

as the music stops and the routine comes to an end Soojin bends down leaning on her knees trying to catch her breath. She looks up at the quiet room to find everyone just staring at her, she doesn't know if it's in awe or in rivalry. She just sees a room filled with opinions but deep down she only cares about one.

She turns around and walks toward where the young choreographer and her boss are standing, still catching her breath she runs a hand through her hair just to find Yoongi staring as if he's in a daze.
Hoseok realizes and quickly jumps in to rescue his friend.

"ahem, that was a beautiful performance Soojin, thank you!" he claps his hands without making a sound and smiles widely.

"Thank you" she nods still panting and runs a finger along her jaw wiping a drop of sweat and Yoongi can't help but follow the movement.
He catches himself staring and averts his gaze towards Hoseok.
"alright, everything seems good here." he almost fumbles the words as he feels his pulse in his ears. he feels like he's dangerously close to exposing himself so he abruptly turns around to leave.

Hoseok turns toward Soojin with wide eyes and opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by Yoongi who's once again standing at the entrance.

"Ms Lee, let's discuss the issues we left off the other day, after you're done here of course" he says then again with the same stoney face that she now knows all too well.

"alright" She nods with a warm smile.

"over dinner" He blurts the words out and before she can say anything he leaves the room.

"i-" she says clearly surprised, looking at the doorfame where Yoongi was standing in just a second ago.
"why is he like that??" She turns toward Hoseok who's crouched down, fidgeting with the music player unbothered.

"I think he likes you!"

He says casually as if he just announced the weather and moves on with the task at his hand.

"WHAT??" she squeaks a little too loudly and looks around to see a few faces giving her questioning looks.
"What- why- why would you say that?"
she asks in a hushed tone while nervously croaching down to Hoseok's level.

"well for starters for the past 3 years that i've been here he's never visited the studio. EVER!" the young dancer looks up at her with a knowing look and says almost too sure. making her heart flutter at the possibilities. but she soon shakes the thought off and despite the sudden leap of emotions tries to keep a neutral expression "so?"

"Secondly, Yoongi NEVER eats out." he raises one brow at her and continues "how many times has he invited you to dinner this week?"

She feels a sudden wave of heat in her chest as her breathing quickens. that can't be the reason? he is THE Min Yoongi, and she's just Lee Soojin, an almost nobody from Jinhae-gu.

Maybe he really just wants to talk about her future, but then again she doesn't see him asking any of the other "new additions of the team" to dinner!

FOUR TIMES!

Hoseok realizes that his statement has made the girl visibly uncomfortable and pushed her in thoughts she might not want to consider right now.
he jumps up in attempt to fix the sudden change in mood "i might be wrong tho, so don't think much about it".
he extends a hand toward the girl sitting on floor in the puddle of fear and suspicion he just created. "come on let's get to work"

She knows it's time to focus so she swallows her worries away as she grabs his hand and pulls herself up.

___