Chapter 7

____

with the sound of clattering dishes from the kitchen, Yoongi wakes up to an excruciating headache. the day is here and he dreads it with every bit of sunshine that peaks through the window.

face crumpled, He stumbles into the kitchen just to see Hoseok preparing breakfast by the stove. it's just then he realizes he has spent the night at his friend's and the memories from the night before come rushing back to him.

He slumps down on the nearset seat, resting his elbows on the counter he rubs his eyes with both palms.
"AAAHHH!! what's gotten into me?" he lets out a loud grunt.

Hoseok slides a cold cup of ice coffee towards him and lowers his head to look at his friend's hopeless face.
"feelings?" he implies genuinely.

Yoongi rolls his eyes and looks up at him taking a long sip from the cold brew.
"what was i thinking? she must be scared" he curses under his breath.

Hoseok puts down a dish of fresh steaming eggs and bacon in front of him.
"I don't think she's scared. She might be confused tho." he says as he sits across from the older one.
Yoongi pokes at his breakfast. he frowns as he's clearly at a loss for words.

"and to be honest, I think so are you." Hoseok says nodding his head.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Yoongi puts his fork down and gives him a giddy look.
Hoseok sighs and intertwines his fingers on the counter.
"for starters, why do you keep chasing the poor girl around?" he asks him with a knowing look.

Yoongi doesn't say a word and just turns his attention back to his dish. the single question hovers over his head like an arrow and the thought crosses his mind that "Why does he do that?"

Hoseok gets up from his seat and circles around the kitchen, stopping right next to him. He puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.
"You don't have to give ME any explanation" he pauses "but just be honest with yourself" and with that he leaves the room.

Yoongi sits alone, engulfed in the silence of the morning. he thinks about the question at hand. one, deep down, he knows the answer to. but in order to own up to it he has to unload so much baggage and he's not sure if he's ready to go down that road yet.

•••

"You're losing sleep again aren't you?!"

Soojin snaps back to reality at the sound of coach Kim who blinks at her hands on her hips, from behind the studio glasses.

"Come outside" her coach says into the speakers. The middle aged lady gestures for the young singer to sit down as she steps into the control room.

"listen Soojin, i know you are going through something, i've worked enough in this field to know a thing or two when a voice doesn't come from the heart." She looks at the girl who hangs her head low and doesn't say a word as if she's not even in the room.
"but whatever happens behind these doors, it doesn't matter, this is your safe place"

As the words sink in Soojin's ears, she looks up and swallows her doubts through a stinging throat.
"I'm sorry seonsaengnim" she nods her head politely but however her voice still sounds lifeless.

The coach can't help but feel sorry for the girl. she looks so small and helpless.
"You know what? we can't record anything like this today. why don't you go rest for a bit?" she pats her shoulder and walks back towards the control panel and informs the rest of the crew.

Soojin steps into the evening air, the chill breeze gently brushing against her cheeks as she walks the streets absentmindedly. securing her earphones in place as she hits play on the same track for the millionth time that day.
Her heart skips a beat as the familiar voice crackles to life in her ears.