Chapter 11

____

"hyung neither one of us can drive, so just stay the night over." hoseok says to a half awake half drunk Yoongi who's manspreading on the couch without a care in the world.

"i'll go get you a blanket i guess" Hoseok rolls his eyes when he doesn't respond, before leaving to the room to get the necessities.

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't have drank this much." Yoongi says as he pinches the bridge of his nose.
"no it's okay, i don't mind staying here" Soojin reassuringly replies and at that he falls to his side on the couch almost immediately.

Soojin and Namjoon share a glance before bursting into laughter.
"he doesn't drink like this usually. i think he's just nervous about the album" Namjoon says as he grabs his legs and gently puts them on the couch. "amongst other things" he says too low that Soojin can't hear.

"i'll go to bed then" She says before going back to the room.

•••

when he opens his eyes he doesn't know what time it is, but it still dark and he feels a bit cold. there's no one around. as his eyes adjust to the faint light from outside, he gets up and slightly drags his feet on the ground. he walks around the living room, passed the kitchen, to the hall, before once again finding himself at Soojin's door.

he walks in quietly making sure not to wake her. in her white fluffy sweater she looks peaceful and innocent. like a little lost lamb.

"i'm sorry life's been so cruel to you" he whispers so hushedly standing over her as he lightly caresses her cheek. he turns to leave but just then she reaches out and gently takes his hand.

"don't go" she says never opening her eyes.

Yoongi's a bit surprised at first but he doesn't pull away, instead he sits on the edge of the bed.
a few seconds passes in silence. soojin takes a deep breath savoring the warmth of yoongi's hand in hers. she remembers Hoseok's words. is it really time to embrace it all? is she ready to move on from...all that's happened to her?

"do you really think i am gonna wear that dress?" she teasingly says in a sleepy voice, tugging his hand towards her a bit.

"i swear to god, i did not pick that dress, it was all your team" Yoongi lets out a low laugh with his stomach.

"and to be honest i'm uncomfortable at the thought of you wearing that" he squeezes her hand a bit.

"me too" she says shyly, half awake but still aware enough of how him saying that in his deep sleepy voice made her melt inside. after a moment they both laugh. they don't know if it's the state of sleepiness they're in or a sudden closeness has draped over them, but neither one pulls away from the feeling.

"by the way how did your interview go?" Yoongi asks as he listens to her breathing.
"not the best. she was intense" Soojin sighs a bit heavily now a little more awake.
He senses the sudden saddness in her voice.
"ahh Madame Jae. a pain in the ass" he says dramatically making her giggle quietly which warms his chest.

"you've been through a lot, and you'll go through so much more." Yoongi suddenly declares as he slowly laces their fingers together. not being able to look into each others' eyes has given them courage to explore further "but now you've got us" he says closing his eyes and laying back on the bed, legs hanging from the edge. "me" he says that, but inside he feels a bit guilty.

Although his hand hanging over her hip excites her but she also feels safe, and that quickly eases her back to sleep.

•••